Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747686 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

To each his own. I don't know about the Jag, but I'll take 3DO Wolf 3D over the PC version anyday.

2. Yeah, the sound effects and 90s action adventure tv show music just kill that one for me.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 23 Nov 2015 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Something about the way it sounds through a Soundblaster card got lost in the translation to 3DO/Jag.
    I'm not very familiar with the differences in the versions of Wolfenstein, but I am under the impression that both of these consoles should have been able to pull it off if that's what the developers were aiming and programming for.

I absolutely love the older Soundblaster cards too -- composition aside, Adlib just sounds beautiful to me.

4. Seems like the drive to 'make it better!' with a lot of ports instead just 'makes it different!' It's perfectly ok to prefer one over the other, but it's strictly subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I played Wolf 3d pc mostly with built in shitty laptop SB Pro clones, so that may be why I don't have the fond memories like you do. I do remember playing Doom on my first pc with a SB Awe 32 and the music was amazing with that card compared to my bud's computer.

6. The PCs at school only had the built in speaker. At least it gave me a reason to like the 32X version.

7. Ewwww.

8. The 32x music was so bad, I think I'd prefer the built in speaker.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The 32x music was so bad, I think I'd prefer the built in speaker.
    32X Doom's BGM is definitely not near the PC version, and it didn't really show the 32X's true sound quality. While it sure sounds like the Genesis audio was used, it's still not built-in speaker bad. No BGM at all would have been worse.

I was testing my Neptune after fixing an issue yesterday, and I was pumping Doom through a ridiculously powerful stereo. Those fart sounds...