Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I'm not sure I ever paid attention to the Adventures of Batman & Robin games, but that Harley fight with the crane is AMAZING.
    For some reason, I thought the Genesis version sounded like garbage. I think I only heard one stage of it, and was like, "lol, this game." Those videos have changed my life. The crane stage is awesome—casually thrown in '3-D' crane—but holy shit the fucking cards and the moving background!?
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 01 Aug 2012 at 03:04 PM.

2. That shit would've made me go nuts as a kid.

3. I should note, however, that I think the SNES version looks pretty rad too.

4. The sprites are pretty, but they barely do anything. It's not really the most sophisticated game in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Absolutely. I think as a kid I would have flipped over it. Looked exactly like the cartoon. I was confused by the Genesis version. The music didn't fit. Of course, none of that really matters...
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 01 Aug 2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Unclear!

6. Genny version even has a clever take on Two-Face. It's level two, it's called "A Two-Sided Story" and that's because the level is one half action brawler and the other half is a competent shmup level.

7. When the coaster perspective on the SNES game changes it's pretty cool, but it looks like it's fairly sluggish to control and there's otherwise not a whole lot going on in it. Also: what is up with Batman's grunt when he gets hit?

8. Oh yeah, Yuu Yuu Hakusho on Genesis was pretty dope and the SNES ones were forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    When the coaster perspective on the SNES game changes it's pretty cool, but it looks like it's fairly sluggish to control and there's otherwise not a whole lot going on in it. Also: what is up with Batman's grunt when he gets hit?
    If you're going to play a Batman game on the SNES, go for Konami's beat'em up version of Batman Returns.

10. The Yu Yu game was a Treasure game and pretty much the predecessor to Guardian Heroes and Bleach DS, with multi tiered 2d planes for fighting, etc. Never made it here I guess because Yu Yu didn't become popular until the late 90's/early 2000's here.