Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 829294959697 LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

1. How much does a base SegaCD go for these days? I have a Model 2 unit but I heard the Model 1s go for way much more even tho it's prone to having more issues.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Saw a Victor Wondermega RG-M2 in the wild today. Sold before I could look at it. Went for 120.

3. I remember when Best Buy was clearing out the X'Eye and Sega CDX for $30 each. They sat there for a couple of weeks, and I never even thought about buying them, because I had gotten rid of my entire Sega CD collection after getting a Saturn.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    How much does a base SegaCD go for these days? I have a Model 2 unit but I heard the Model 1s go for way much more even tho it's prone to having more issues.
    Model 2 is $150+, Model 1 is $200+ at local retro stores here. Boxed Model 1 is $400.

The price definitely spiked after the Mega SG release. Maybe it will go back down with the Mega SD release.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Model 2 is $150+, Model 1 is $200+ at local retro stores here. Boxed Model 1 is $400.

The price definitely spiked after the Mega SG release. Maybe it will go back down with the Mega SD release.
    That's about ballpark what I was thinking. I need to find someone who can fix my model 2 Genesis. The power port on the back is kinda sketchy and I have to wiggle the plug to get it to come on sometimes. I'm nowhere near enough knowledgeable about soldering to even attempt it myself.

6. Why not buy another model 2? Genesis systems are dirt cheap.

I could probably send him a good model 1 for 15 or 20

8. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That's about ballpark what I was thinking. I need to find someone who can fix my model 2 Genesis. The power port on the back is kinda sketchy and I have to wiggle the plug to get it to come on sometimes. I'm nowhere near enough knowledgeable about soldering to even attempt it myself.
    That's about the easiest solder you can do. You can send it to me and I'll solder it for you.

I had similar issue with one of my TG-16 consoles. I'd lent it to a friend, so he and his room mate could play Military Madness. When I got it back, the controller kept dropping out. One of those guys must have banged the controller port and broke a solder joint. I didn't have the specialty screw driver the time, so I ended up breaking it open to fix the solder joint.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Sup

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Why not buy another model 2? Genesis systems are dirt cheap.
    I bought this one brand new when it came out. Sorta attached to it so I'd feel bad getting rid of something I know would only need a simple fix by someone who has experience in doing the work.

Edit: If one of you guys want to take it from me, I'll box it up and send it out.