Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deckards

Something like that.

Anyway. Having stuff exclusive to live shows isn't new or unique. It makes people come to shows. It works.

This happened.

3. I almost fucked up the ending to Kyle. almost.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

4. It would be nice if the audio didn't suck all the dicks. Who's the bassist.

Pay for a mobile recording rig and an engineer to run it and I'll give you pristine audio. Until then you have to make due with built in microphones in brick rooms. You should have heard it before I cleaned it up.

Bass player is Paul.

Hey guys. We have a lot more songs on Bandcamp now.

Deeeeeeeeeetour's cover is on there (party in my tummy), another DC hardcore type song (minor treat) is on there, and a couple demos too. We set a date for recording the drums next month. Freak out!

7. What the fuck is a mustache enthusiast?

The snare on that song sounds like someone taking a baseball bat to a countertop. Awesome.

True Story™ The first time I read the lyrics was while I was recording them. The wtf line was a question I asked Paul (he wrote the words) We left it in because it rules, and because I only allowed myself one take for vocals. (we did cut out the laughing right after it happened)

The mic on the snare is a Sears vocal mic from the early 60's. The diaphragm is all fucked up. We are also using to lavaliere mics (the newscaster mic) for drum overheads. This project is driving me CRAZY, but at least we're coming out of it with cool sounds.

The talking at the end is because Ryan loves to have conversations while his cymbals are decaying. I'm leaving it in every recording from this point forward.

I want to be in a band that sounds like our two fast ass punker songs. Middle Age Threat.

Aight so when are you next playing a show on a thursday or friday so I can come get one?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.