Thread: Anyone actually PLAY hockey?

1. Anyone actually PLAY hockey?

I'm in a Dek league which involves LOTS of running. Just curious if anyone else plays (Dek/Roller/Ice) and where?

2. I played a lot of Roller Hockey between 13-17. Pretty much every other day on my HS's outdoor basketball courts (they were fenced in so it was perfect).

I fucked up my ankles pretty bad between that and football so I doubt I'll ever be on skates (roller or ice) for very long ever again.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. I started learning a month or so ago now that there are actually a decent number of rinks in Nashville (there was only one in the whole city when I was growing up, and it was really far away and always occupied). The skating is a lot harder than you think. I can't even do the quick stop yet so I have to watch my speed.

I just got health insurance recently so I may get into it a little more now. Before I was always worried about getting hurt and having no way to pay for repairs.
    Last edited by jyoung; 07 Aug 2012 at 09:17 PM.

I play. Mostly Dek/Roller just because it's expensive to play Ice and my shift work doesn't really allow me to join a league. I can skate pretty well on Ice but haven't had enough time on it to really hone my skills. Most of my ice time has been during public skate sessions, not hockey games.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 06 Sep 2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. I did. I played goalie. And then didn't wear my protective gear one time. And then I never played again. Because I took a shot to the pills.
    bastard of the new world order.