Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir, You Are Being Hunted (PC, Mac, Linux)

Sir, You Are Being Hunted (PC, Mac, Linux)

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a "tweedpunk" game about well-dressed Victorian robots (and their well-trained robot dogs) hunting the player across procedurally generated English countryside. It's the work of the appropriately named Big Robot, headed by journalist Jim Rossignol.

The first-person action game is due in 2013 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The footage in this trailer represents an alpha version, but pretty much all the elements are in place for us to know this is worth keeping a glowing LED eye on.
    Link

2. Those landscapes look fantastic! I love how procedural world generation is evolving over the last year or two.

I've been following this one for a bit, thanks primarily to Rossignol pimping it on RPS whenever there's something new to show off. If he's got a game to support running through those worlds, I'm in.

James

3. "tweedpunk"
    /GROAN

4. Yea, seriously.

5. STOP TRYING TO MAKE TWEEDPUNK HAPPEN

6. Let's look at this again:

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a "tweedpunk" game about well-dressed Victorian robots (and their well-trained robot dogs) hunting the player across procedurally generated English countryside.
    Can there be a more revolting sentence relating to videogames? I don't think it's possible. Joystiq and Big Robot have perfected the art.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    STOP TRYING TO MAKE TWEEDPUNK HAPPEN

This isn't GAF.

Also, the game seems silly with ROM robots. That shit needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    This isn't GAF.
    Amen to this. Someone let wEEman in on this secret too.

9. If this was GAF, about 99% of this board would be permabanned.

I don't understand the complaint though - does GAF quote Mean Girls often?

10. tnl didn't have enough mean girls, you're doing a good thing