Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage Sale, Flea Market, Used Game Store Finds and Locations

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    TNLers don't like buying from TNLers.
    I've sold quite a bit of stuff here. It's not neo-geo.com, but it's not bad either.

2. Update from last night! Just got a voicemail from the dude. He realized Ducktales 2 was in the bag and had the thought to look it up afterwards. He's a little salty. I'll post the voicemail if I figure out how.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Update from last night! Just got a voicemail from the dude. He realized Ducktales 2 was in the bag and had the thought to look it up afterwards. He's a little salty. I'll post the voicemail if I figure out how.
    Should have looked it up before he gave you a price. His problem IMO.

It's not like you knew what you were getting when he gave you the price or while you were driving out to get it.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Should have looked it up before he gave you a price. His problem IMO.

It's not like you knew what you were getting when he gave you the price or while you were driving out to get it.
    I know, but it's still weird. He didn't seem like MAD, just irritated. I feel like he's just gonna take this one on the chin. Which is a bummer, because I planned on cleaning him out later.

5. Who named the price?
    If it was him, fuck him. It ain't but a 10 second process to look up the shit you're selling.
    Even if it wasn't him, fuck him.
    Way back in the day I got pissed because I worked out a trade with a dude on The Turbo Email list (or the saturn list...) where I traded Sega CD Snatcher (which I had bought a few months earlier from the local game store for $7 and had no idea what it was worth, but even then was going for $50-60 on ebay which had jsut recently started) and the Saturn import that had Chase HQ and SCI on the same disc for Yawara for PCE. I had just gotten into imports for the duo and would take anything.
    After receiving Yawara and discovering that it was a "game" I'd never be able to play, I looked it up on eBay and saw that it went for about $10. Then I looked up Snatcher. Ugh. Then I looked up Chase HQ/SCI. There was the copy that I had traded away. I was so mad because the dude was all "I can't wait to get Chase HQ, I used to love it in the arcade." I contacted the dude, and was all "wtf, you ripped me off." He said (more or less), "You agreed to the trade my man, fuck off."
    I was mad, but he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I know, but it's still weird. He didn't seem like MAD, just irritated. I feel like he's just gonna take this one on the chin. Which is a bummer, because I planned on cleaning him out later.
    Just toss him an extra $20 or whatever next time if there is one, assuming the deal would still be a good one. If it wouldn't, just walk away.

7. That's what I'm gonna do. He text me asking how much I'd want to pay for Secret of Mana, Actraiser and king of dragons. If he was really mad, I don't think he'd even offer. I now feel like these games were not gained legitimately and he's trying to move stock.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'd like to take this time to point out that TNL can't haggle for shit.
    Fuck you. I'm awesome at it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    TNLers don't like buying from TNLers.
    I buy from TNLers all the time. I get good deals, too!

10. I don't like punk TNL sellers who want top dollar when they're selling shit, but offer peanuts when they want to buy something.
    That's just dickish.
    Thankfully, most TNLer's are pretty fair both ways.