Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage Sale, Flea Market, Used Game Store Finds and Locations

1. Yesterday I got Snes Donkey Kong Country for $10 and a box of random crap for $25. The random crap was three complete Genesis and one loosey (2 model 1, 2 model 2), a couple dual shock psone controllers, and an unopened box of rum filters for a pipe. Amazingly all four systems worked. I always worry about the model 2s because the power input seems to go wacky and the units won't power on unless the power cord is just right. These don't have that problem. One of the model 1s was a High Definition Graphics unit, but it wasn't a non TMSS unit. That's okay. I've a couple of them already anyway.
    Today I got a toaster nes with two controllers, light gun, hook ups, mario 3, and resuce rangers for $20. Then I got mint ps2 San Andreas and Silent Hill Origins for $3 a piece.

Usually you can fix those wonky power connectors by simply heating up the two/three (I forget which) solder points with a soldering iron. No mad skillz required. Same thing with flakey AV jacks, although it has a lot more points.

Also, I give no fucks about the TMSS, as long as it has the good sound chip in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. I need to be able to play Mike Ditka Football!

4. Bought a JP Mega Drive. I think they're region free, right? My NA carts fit fine in there.

I found a Sony Trinitron KV-32HV600 for $30 today. Perfect for DC/PS2/GCN/XB stuff. I didn't buy it though. No room for it and no way to transport it
    Last edited by sixteen-bit; 12 Aug 2012 at 11:36 PM.

I've had the same problems with stupid TVs for a while now. I keep meaning to buy something for my old consoles here. At least I have a gorgeous Vega back in Florida that weighs 10 tons and can't be shipped ever.

16: It's kinda sorta region free. Earlier games have no region protection, so if it fits it plays. Some later games do have region locks, so you would need a modification or a Game Genie to use them. I don't mess with Genesis imports, so I can't really give you specifics.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

I don't see gen and nes stuff like I used to. I think pawn shops have started to refuse the stuff. I do know of a pawn shop in the crappy part of Corinth that has piles and piles of systems. Its a 20 foot long shelf with consoles stacked 1.5 feet high. But they all have grandpa prices on them.

"how much for the nes"
    "$30"
    *blinks* "is that with two controllers, hook ups and some games?"
    "nope, no games, no controllers, no hook ups. All accessories are $5 each. Y'ah can't find these anymore. They're collectable."
    "Alright, nice talking to you." *leaves*

Some places you haven't thought of yet

Unclaimed baggage centers. You'd be surprised the number of games, consoles, and accessories that get lost.
    Estate sales. Sometimes grandpa had a nes or gen for the grandbabies to play.
    Old School auctions
    Return and/or refurb centers. We have a couple of these in MS that get a lot of returns/refurbs from walmart, costco and target
    consignment stores
    privately owned comicbook stores
    privately owned antique stores.

Also, sometimes you can find sales threads by typing in the name of the game and "for sale" into google image search and looking for nonstock photos. I've found deals on forums I never go to this way. Google image search can pull in results that are far from obvious in a standard google search.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    the crappy part of Corinth
    Too easy.

Whoa, whoa, wait a sec.

Does all the unclaimed baggage in the fucking country get sold to one goddamned store in fucking Alabama? Is that what is happening?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

No, there is a store like that here too. There's more unclaimed baggage than one place could handle.