Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Until Dawn (PS4)

1. Played about half of this and returned it (more because I won't have time to play it for a couple days than because I don't intend to finish it).

I'm enjoying it, but not loving it. The dialog is bad (which you can say is genre homage, but it's not a good thing). It does manage to avoid the trying-too-hard, campy-on-purpose thing that takes me out of so many teen horror movies, though. It feels earnest.

This is very much of the Quantic Dream/Telltale school of design, without much to add. It's narrow and there's not a lot you can interact with. After playing Life is Strange and Dreamfall Chapters, which build on that foundation with more open exploration, puzzle elements, and interactivity, this feels like a bit of a step back. Still, if it can reach the end without completely unravelling, it should be better than Quantic Dream's games.

Fun game so far, probably a good one to play with a wife/girlfriend, but I'm glad I didn't drop $60 on it.

2. I'm waiting for $30. Sounds right.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Finished this. The plot sorta goes off the rails by veering into the supernatural so late in the game, but overall it was enjoyable and pretty scary at times. In the end I only let one kid die (It was Matt on the meathook if that matters). I thought that number was going to be higher or I might have replayed that bit for the achievement. Oh well. Still better than Quantic Dream's stuff, still not as good as Life is Strange.

4. Yeah I finished it over the weekend and I quite enjoyed it as well. It's not amazing but it's a fun little game. I didn't mind the twist late in the game and thought it added some more fun to it.

Definitely agree it's nowhere near as good as Life is Strange but I would highly recommend at least playing through it if you're a horror fan, it's a fun little diversion.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.