Thread: You guys know about Ninite, right?

1. You guys know about Ninite, right?

http://ninite.com/

It's the best site ever for keeping your PC up to date or getting a new one set up. I keep one saved on the computer with Firefox, Flash, Silverlight, uTorrent, iTunes and all sorts of other shit and just click it once a week or so. Make an exe with the programs you use, save it to your computer and never be out of date with any of that software ever again.

2. What the fuck is the Internet?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Pretty much every program I care to update does that on its own.

4. So basically it's a program that contains all the update executables found in each program for you to use at once.

Sounds useful if you are insistant on turning off everything's autoupdate.

5. I prefer to have programs notify me of updates, so I can choose when to do it, so this would be okay for me, but I have so few programs installed that really need updates that it wouldn't be worth it.

6. The convenience is when you start from a fresh install you can update everything from one site.

7. The convienience is Opaque can turn on his 'puter, update everything at once, while he hops on some Monster cables and catches a tasty wave!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    The convenience is when you start from a fresh install you can update everything from one site.
    If it does the initial installs, then yeah, that would be nice.
    The updates are kind of a moot point since most software will install the latest version anyway.