Thread: Killer Joe

1. Killer Joe

New movie from William Friedkin stars Matthew McConaughey as Joe, a hitman who's hired out by a clan out none-too-bright trailer park folks to take out the clan's matriarch so they can cash in on her insurance money. It RULES.

It's kind of a Southern Gothic... thriller... comedy... and it is all kinds of fucked up. I've always rather liked McConaughey, but I've really liked the decisions he's made recently with his movies. He's super charming in this while being insane and terrifying at the same time. Hell, even Gina Gershon is good. It's grimy and its dirty and the film's closing scene over a supper of KFC is worth watching alone. All of the scenes that are horrifying in this movie are also hilarious, it's really odd how well Friedkin pulls it off, I can't really explain it. Things get pretty extreme pretty quickly.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    [Hell, even Gina Gershon is good.
    What's wrong with Gina Gershon? I've always enjoyed her work. Her guest spot on Curb Your Enthusiasm was great.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. You know what it is? I think I have fused her with someone else in my head, so everytime I see the other person I also think it's Gina Gershon, and I think "Man, she sucks" but when it's actually Gina Gershon I go "oh, she's actually good in this one."

Basically, I'm dumb.

*Edit* Janice Dickinson. I always confuse her with Janice Dickinson. It's their mouths.
    Last edited by Mr-K; 24 Aug 2012 at 05:09 PM.