Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So G.Rev is Putting Out an Assault Suits Clone on PSP?

1. So G.Rev is Putting Out an Assault Suits Clone on PSP?

2. where did this come from

Wait, this looks kinda like a doujin PC game that came out a year or two ago.

3. Well this flew under my radar and it's the first I'm hearing of it. Is the PC game any good?

4. I haven't tried it, but some thoughts from Macaw over at gamengai:

2 years later, Dracue returns with a new game Gunhound X, which as the name somewhat implies is more of a powered up version of the first Gunhound.

The original Gunhound was a good Valken inspired action game, but my biggest problems with is was that is was way too short, and only the first and last stages were really all that interesting. Judging from the beta of Gunhound X though it looks to have much, much more potential.
    Anyway the game is a shitload better than the original Gunhound. The presentation is slicker, stages have been slightly redesigned in areas, and there are new bosses and shit. A run through of it feels a lot more satisfying now than the original which felt a bit short and empty. There are still 5 stages, though there is a bonus stage now, and stages 4 and 5 are now switched around but there is a new last boss at the end of 5.

5. I still see new games for the PSP, even though most retailers have cleared out their game stock. I'd noticed that a new Growlanser title was available for the system, while shopping at Fry's.
    Last edited by gamevet; 30 Aug 2012 at 01:00 AM.

6. I just got this today from Ami-Ami. They shipped on time, but there was a 3-day customs holdup.

The default controls are X to jump, [] for machine gun, /\ for punching, and O to dash. LB is used to lock the turret arm, and RB is held for special weapons ([] is megablast, /\ is lock-on missiles). Select does an armor purge.

You can unlock items to be added to your mech in the customize menu. Points scored during any game play will add to the Total Score shown on the title screen. Getting the TS to 5,000,000 or finishing all missions in Simulation mode are two ways to earn an item.

While it's not an overly long game, be ready for a challenge.

The PC version of Gunhound can be patched to EX. Go here for the upgrade, and click on the Gunhound EX banner in the left column. Unzip the saved file into your Gunhound directory where gunhound.exe is. Launch the ghsupport.exe, then drag & drop your gunhound.exe into the upgrader window. Files will be downloaded to patch the PC version to EX, and a new GunHoundEx shortcut will be added.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 11 Feb 2013 at 05:15 PM.

7. Is there any reason to play this on PSP/Vita instead of PC? Did G.Rev mix it up at all vs the EX PC version?

I'm pretty torn.

8. There are some changes.

The PC version lacks a simulation mode. If you clear all 7 parts of simulation mode, you unlock a shield, similar to the one in Valken.
    G.Rev did add full voice acting, and I see a few extra enemies on the first level. They also changed the 2nd boss's attack pattern to something you actually have to dodge. Its attack on the PC version can be turtled out as you stay back and shoot, but the new pattern on PSP is several aimed shots.

On PC, the armor purge is done differently with a multi-button press (I've done it by accident a few times, not sure what it is).
    Actually the number of stages for both versions is 7, not 5 as I had thought earlier. The 3rd and 5th missions have 2 parts.

BGM for both versions is by Hyakutaro Tsukumo, and has that Thunder Force sound.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 11 Feb 2013 at 11:40 PM.

9. Might as well go Vita. Thanks.