Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 536365666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS3/4, 360/One/Steam!)

1. 3 and PW are great. 3 more than PW for me.

PW just didn't work for me. I couldn't get into it.

I hear that a lot, and I understand it. Personally, I loved the mission based structure, it's great for when you're busy and know you can only play for 15 minutes. The only thing I disliked about PW is that it didn't have traditional MGS boss fights, and some of them were a lot harder than they should be with one player.

4. Yeah, that's the thing I'm really hating so far, the ridiculous bullet sponge bosses. They seem designed to force you to play online, which takes them from way too hard to way too easy if you end up getting a partner with endgame gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xbox 8_30_2015 9_57_26 PM.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	77482
    Boss just wants to see if love has bloomed on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Yeah, that's the thing I'm really hating so far, the ridiculous bullet sponge bosses. They seem designed to force you to play online, which takes them from way too hard to way too easy if you end up getting a partner with endgame gear.
    It is fun replaying earlier boss battles with better weapons and laying waste to them in no time. I never could beat the final optional boss though. Even with the best weapons one player just can't do enough damage.

I like the idea of the Peace Walker bosses. One of the things I don't like in MGS (or in any game, really) is waiting for a boss to become vulnerable. Peace Walker lets you unload on the bosses at all times. Sometimes it's not a good idea to do so (like during Pupa's electrical attacks), but you always have the option of doing so. Too bad they end up being bullet sponges with nearly useless HP bars. Is 1000 damage good? I don't know! There's damage numbers but no context for what they mean, even when there's a bar on the screen that eventually drops to zero.

8. http://www.vg247.com/2015/08/31/meta...eam-installer/

even if it's fake it's the kind of thing I'd believe konami would do

9. Installing now.

Let the madness begin.

10. It's a real fucking shame all of the iDroid stuff has to phone home.
    This game ran 100% quicker when servers were offline.