Thread: Wind Through the Keyhole Autographed

1. Wind Through the Keyhole Autographed

Ok, so I have a favor to ask... I know there are some pretty smart cookies on here. What I need help with is this: I am trying to track down a copy of Stephen King's book 'The Wind Through the Keyhole' autographed by Stephen King himself. It's for my father's 60th birthday. I know, "check eBay." Well I have, and the going prices on there are $200 for a facsimile signature, or between $500-1000 for an actual signature. I'm just a guy of simple means and those prices are way out of my range. I'm not looking for a freebie or anything. I'm more than willing to pay for the cost of the book and a little more on top. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks!
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. My advice:
    Buy the book, do your best stephen king autograph impression. Dad wont know the difference.

Ive never understood the autograph thing either, unless you physically met the person and got them to sign your tit or something. But people who spend money on a signed something that they have no connection too? I do not get it.

3. 1) drive to Maine 2) Wait for him to wreck his car 3) ???? 4) PROFIT!!!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. I was going to suggest mailing a jacket to his fanmail address, but apparently he no longer signs through the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Ive never understood the autograph thing either, unless you physically met the person and got them to sign your tit or something. But people who spend money on a signed something that they have no connection too? I do not get it.
    I have a lot of signed comedy stuff, and a few music CDs and movies, but it's all people I've met. I've thought about trying to get a Chris Rock or Bill Cosby DVD signed through the mail, though. I couldn't tell you why, really, I just think it's cool.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Sep 2012 at 11:33 AM.