Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward AKA Good People Die AKA 999 sequel

1. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward AKA Good People Die AKA 999 sequel

"Good People Die" was a way cooler title, but whatevs. "Virtue's Last Reward" it is for NA.

This comes out Oct. 23rd for both Vita and 3DS. I'll be going Vita for the higher resolution and trophies unless I hear the 3DS's two screens are put to clever use, as they most certainly were in the first game.

Speaking of which, get your ass a copy of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors for DS if you have any interest in puzzle/virtual novel hybrids and somehow missed this absolute gem. It has one of the coolest most enthralling stories in all of gaming, lovely big sprites, a decent localization, gore, violence, cursing... and math! The full package.

This direct sequel has some big shoes to fill, and I'm not so foolish as to expect anything quite as sublime as the first game. Graphics look kinda crappy tbqh. I'll certainly miss the hand-drawn look. Still, same writer is on board. Looks like many of the characters are back, now older. Junpei in particular looks bad-ass all grown up (see first image below).

Get ready to, once again, trust nobody, sacrifice friends, and calculate some digital roots!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1882327-gpd3.png 
Views:	783 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	66910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m1khm1I58X1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg 
Views:	8195 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	66911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zero-Escape-Cast.jpg 
Views:	3491 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	66912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2108938-5.jpg 
Views:	1086 
Size:	392.5 KB 
ID:	66913  

2. I believe 999 is also getting a reprint with new cover art! keep forgetting this is coming out....

Damn. I wish I would have realized what this was during NewEgg's $10 off $39.99 coupon offer. I think I'd rather play this than Code of Princess.

Compass doesn't seem all bad when things like "higher resolution, trophies... and math" are mentioned.

4. I liked the first game even though the good ending tried its best to ruin everything.

Yeah, it was pretty great right up to the end. The ending paths were also ridiculously simple, taking very, very few flags into account for each. Having to redo puzzles you'd already done was pretty terrible, too D=

Overall I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel on the Vita, unless they're doing something crazy special on the 3DS.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

girl on the cover with the shiney button nose has caught my interest.

Wait.

What is that magical rabbit creature?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

There's no black guy, so something has to die first.

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I liked the first game even though the good ending tried its best to ruin everything.
    You mean the "True" ending? The one that finally clarifies everything? I thought that was amazing. Indeed, I didn't fall in love with the game until that last playthrough, particularly the final sequence. It was Braid-ending caliber.

That robot-looking thing is the black guy from the first game I believe.

10. Looking forward to this, will be playing the Vita version.