Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The B-Ri Visits New York Thread NEW DATES! Jan 17th to 19th, Then D.C.

1. The B-Ri Visits New York Thread NEW DATES! Jan 17th to 19th, Then D.C.

Update! Plans changed but now they changed for the better (although im sure the east coast will be a frozen Ice Cube during these dates), I am going again! Yayyyy lets hang out
    Last edited by B-Ri; 11 Oct 2012 at 01:00 PM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

The Natural History Museum is an absolute must. Other than that, if I were going right now, I'd plan most of the trip around awesome food places.

3. Well, out of the touristy shit I want to:

-SEE the Statue of Liberty
    -Visit the 9/11 Memorial
    -Go to Times Square
    -Possibly see a Broadway show
    -Explore Central Park
    -Visit the Natural History Museum

Where do i go to go shopping? I do wanna get a good sense of the nightlife out there, I show up on Wednesday so theres plenty of time to go out for drinks and clubs Thurs/Fri/Sat.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. Shopping for, like, clothes? The main areas for that in Manhattan are Soho, Fifth Avenue for the richies, and around Manhattan Mall on 34th street. Soho's the best IMO - lots of nice, not-terribly-upscale restaurants in that area too.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri
    -Possibly see a Broadway show
    Don't forget, you need to dress up!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri
    -Visit the 9/11 Memorial
    Book ahead, I don't know if there is still a huge waiting list.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 09 Sep 2012 at 09:44 AM.

I couldn't imagine shopping for branded clothes in NY. I hear a lot of the big places charge MSRP

6. Well, generally 'branded' clothes are more expensive. EXCEPT FOR Century 21... http://www.c21stores.com

I *LOVE* Century 21. Everybody loves Century 21. There's two locations in Manhattan I think. One is right across the 9/11 Memorial.

Generally it's smarter to just buy in Jersey because there's no sales tax. But it's still fun to shop there. Plus, Uniqlo!
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 09 Sep 2012 at 09:50 AM.

7. you guys have Uniqlo and Topman, which we dont have on the west coast

8. Be sure to eat at Ninja New York. I love this place...amazing atmosphere and the food is great, too.

9. It's all about The Strand bookstore, http://www.strandbooks.com/.

Union Square may be touristy, but it's the good kind. Tons of food trucks, The Strand, Max Brenner ridiculous chocolate place, and a Heartland Brewery (Red Rooster Ale is my guilty pleasure).

Just don't go downtown. If I walk out on lunch and see you on line getting your picture taken with the bull, I'm throwing you in the Atlantic.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    It's all about The Strand bookstore, http://www.strandbooks.com/.

Union Square may be touristy, but it's the good kind. Tons of food trucks, The Strand, Max Brenner ridiculous chocolate place, and a Heartland Brewery (Red Rooster Ale is my guilty pleasure).

Just don't go downtown. If I walk out on lunch and see you on line getting your picture taken with the bull, I'm throwing you in the Atlantic.
    Theres a bull?

My old GM is in Los Angeles this week, I am going to talk to her today to see if I can crash at her place the whole trip. Apparently shes got a really nice place in a really great part of town from everything. More details to come <3