Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2030323334353638 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayonetta 2 (Wii U, published by Nintendo)

1. Maybe he was already practiced by trying to jack off during Sailor Moon transformations.

2. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    The demo was awesome. I think it's weird with the content of the Polygon review that they have a prominent screenshot of Bayonetta with no clothes, it's a split second in the game but it's like a creepy freeze frame in the middle of the review. Arthur Gies should have replayed Killer is Dead before he played Bayonetta 2 to put shit into perspective.
    True, and MechDeus your sailor moon comment is gold. [note: Killer is Dead is brilliant, but undeniably and wildly sexist]

Assuming videogames are art (I think they are) I don't think reviewers should take moral considerations into account. That's why I think the Gies review is weak.

On the opposing side, you could argue that by docking Bayonetta a bunch of points for sexism, he thinks he's [somehow] making a difference in the whole #gameethics / Zoe Quinn / whoever else controversy happening now. And I actually commend that, if that's what he thinks he's doing, even though I doubt a Polygon review have much of an impact on anything. Plus it's not Platinum Games' fault that Zoe's ex is weird.

On 2nd thought, my bet is Gies is trying to impress and hopefully fuck feminist hipster chicks.

All things considered, the Gies review is abhorrent. It reads like, "Bayonetta 2 is an excellent action game with no flaws. However there's cleavage so that's a flaw - 7.5 instead of 10."

I might stop reading Polygon

3. Gies apparently has his own page over at Suicide Girls. (Yes, the site is obnoxious; only one I could find with a screen grab)

Hmmm.
    Last edited by No One; 15 Oct 2014 at 06:14 PM.

I love it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Gies apparently has his own page over at Suicide Girls. (Yes, the site is obnoxious; only one I could find with a screen grab)

Hmmm.
    I really don't see the contradiction here; Suicide Girls is not exploitative. That's the whole point of Suicide Girls. If Gies believes Bayo 2 is exploitative, then obviously there is no contradiction.

Don't link to sites like that anymore.

6. I just wanted to say the demo was really fucking good. I'm crazy psyched for this in just over a week.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I firmly believe that Bayonetta agreed to dress the way that she prefers and do up her hair as she sees fit. There is no exploitation here.

8. Edit: Fuck it, I don't want to derail the thread any further with this shit.
    Last edited by No One; 16 Oct 2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Don't care enough to argue.

9. The only times I can remember that I've ever felt awkward about misogyny in a game was a)Metroid: Other M; where they had a strong stoic female character and they made her have horrible daddy issues, be heavily vulnerable in a pathetic way, constantly need approval from a man, etc. and b)Killer is Dead, which had a horribly useless shitty minigame that I played way too many times to get 1000 gamerscore.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I firmly believe that Bayonetta agreed to dress the way that she prefers and do up her hair as she sees fit. There is no exploitation here.
    Haha, NICE!. I mean with her ridiculous proportions there is no way that she could just by clothes "off the rack". No man decides what part of her body is covered by her prehensile hair!
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 16 Oct 2014 at 03:44 AM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

10. Bayonetta 2 starts with her shopping and talking about the dress she just recently bought.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.