Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demons' Score

1. Demons' Score

So I can't seem to find any talk of this game and figure it needs its own thread.

Demons' Score is a new game released by Square Enix for iOS and coming to Android soon. It's a rhythm game made by iNis (makers of Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents) and has music done by a bunch of major Japanese Game Composers. It just hit iOS this week and I picked it up. So far it seems very Ouendan esque, though it's missing the fun licensed music of those games. Still for any music game fans this is a must buy, especially for only 6.99. Has anyone else picked this up yet?

Oh and for more info and some music and such you can check out the official site:
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/smart/demons/en/#!/top

It really is an off-the-hook break beat action game.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. iOS reviews say this game is microtransaction-heavy, even for $6.

What's the scoop?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Oh yeah, iNis also made Gitarooman, can't believe I forgot that.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    iOS reviews say this game is microtransaction-heavy, even for $6.

What's the scoop?
    Well I haven't played a ton yet so I haven't really seen any DLC yet but from what I understand there is some bullshit in that Square Enix made it so you had to pay to buy the unlocked costumes after you unlock them rather than just get them by completing game stages. The costumes change the first half of each stage so that means some of the music is locked away but there's still a good amount without buying DLC.

It is pretty shitty on their part though I do agree, especially since the Japanese version of the game does not have the costumes locked away via IAP, you just get them automatically when you unlock them.

I'd still say it's worth getting though, just don't buy any of the DLC, the last thing we need to do is let them know it is ok to do that shit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I approve of iNiS and the concept looks solid. I'll check it out after work.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. Base game: $7
    Hardest Difficulty: $10
    Nine of the eleven costumes are $3-5 each, and each costume is a new music track for the levels.
    So about $47 for everything, which is why I've been holding off on getting the game. $7 for everything and I would've gotten it day one.

6. I think what you do get with the game is worth paying the $7 for, but yeah fuck all the IAP shit they have.

7. Think of it as $4 a month for the next 12 months. That sound more appealing?

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I think what you do get with the game is worth paying the $7 for, but yeah fuck all the IAP shit they have.
    The thing that really got me was having a difficulty level as an IAP for more than the entire game. If this was a case of unlocking everything through playing the game with the option to purchase unlocks if you're lazy then I'd be in, but unlocking the ability to purchase unlocks? When the game goes on sale we'll talk, until then they can fuck off.

9. Most ridiculously priced anything on the phone ever. Get the fuck out

10. I'd have paid $50 on disc, easy. Maybe as a WiiU game, if controller lag was dealt with. $7 has been spent, though, and I can't wait to get going with the first iNiS game worth playing in years.

James