Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online

1. Sword Art Online

There wasn't a summer thread, which this one really belongs to so I figured I'd just start a thread for it.

Watched episodes 2-11 tonight (Had watched 1 before and it seemed cool but I figured it wouldn't be that great).

This show is like Dot Hack in it's premise, all the players of a new virtual MMO are trapped in the game, if they die they die in the real world. I thought it was oging to just be a generic kind of action anime, but it's more about everyone adjusting to that world and making it their home, with RPG elements added to it. Basically the whole thing feels like a great telling of what life would be like if you were forced to live in an RPG.

I really don't know how to explain this show without ruining the really pleasant surprises though.

2. Started watching this a few nights ago. I agree it's much better than you'd expect given the premise.

does it have anyone with big titties?

4. Actually, no.

worthless

6. not a fan of accel world or hack sign or any of those type of trapped in a virtual world anime. but SAO is so fucking good, so good I'm following it week to week, which I never do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. ep 14
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

8. I'm only on episode 10 (which was really good). I find it highly distracting how they never talk about what's happening to their real bodies. They've been in the game now for two years. Their bodies are just lying there all this time? Is the helmet keeping them alive somehow? And fine, maybe there's going to be some twist ending that makes those questions moot; at least have the characters wonder about it. Because they absolutely would, the audience certainly is, and avoiding it altogether is just cowardly and dumb.

9. ep 15 (dont read unless you have caught up)

shit just got really stupid, felt like the last 3 eps were completely rushed, and the transitioning from the last arc to the new one just seems to be happening way too fast, I know it can't be helped since its based off the light novel but I think it cheapens it. Not to mention the love triangle and Asuna's pedo fiance. WTF IS GOING ON

Liz can be my exclusive blacksmith anytime ~o~

edit: episode 15

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kate-wehavetogoback.jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	67281
    Last edited by Mzo; 17 Oct 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery