Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Computers, What do?

Old Computers, What do?

I had a big post made out but TNL ate it, so whatever.

I have two old desktops I'm not doing much with. 1 is 2000 machine and the other is from 2005.

The 2000 is a Compaq Deskpro EN. Specs are something like P3 800something, 512mb memory, dvd/cd burner, USB/Serial/Parallel ports, AGP, PCI slots, WD 7200 rpm ATA 160 GB hard drive, NVIDIA Geforice 2 GTS or Pro graphics card

The 2005 is a Dell 4600C, P4 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB memory, Parallel/USB ports, dvd/cd burer, AGP / PCI slot , WD 7200 RPM ATA 250 GB ATA hard drive, ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 series graphics card

Both of them have maxed out memory

The compaq is an old desk top, the Dell was a Small form factor PC, but the power supply died, so my sister put it in a hidious xion 450 watt case.

ANYWAY, what do you guys do with old computers. My first thoughts are to see if one of the hard drives can be used in the free mcboot mod on the PS2. The other idea is to put both hard drives in one computer and store movies on it that my 360 can use from the network.

2. donate to a school.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

You surprise me. I totally thought you were going to say "throw in the trash"

4. A ton of schools could use computers. Kindergartens, preschools, elementary schools, catholic schools, etc.

if your not going to donate. The second option is a good idea.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

well, I let the smoke out of the 250 gig hard drive.

I could throw the god damn thing in the yard.

Just disgusting

6. repurpose the dell as a htpc

My old computers should not be allowed within miles of a school and children.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. That is to be expected MZO.

9. The Dell one is still useful, but the Compaq one is not. I know no school district around here would take old-ass computers like that.

They're all stacked in the corner of a garage. I bet evil spirits would fly out if you opened one up.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery