Thread: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC, PSN, XBLA)

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC, PSN, XBLA)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Sniper Elite V2 developer 505 Games in association with The Darkness developer Starbreeze have announced their upcoming collaboration Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, due next spring on XBLA, PSN and Steam.

Previously known under its working title P13, Brothers is unsurprisingly about two boys tasked with gathering the legendary Water of Life to cure their ailing father.

The game is being developed with Swedish filmmaker Josef Fares, who has won numerous awards for his films such as Zozo and Kopps. He said he "wanted to combine the deep, engrossing storyline of a film with the physical experience of a video game, allowing players to emotionally connect with the characters as they trek across sweeping, interactive environments such as peaceful vistas, foreboding forests and dangerous mountainsides."

Check out its pastoral forest environments in the debut trailer below.

Link

Sniper Elite V2 was developed by Rebellion. 505 Games is just a publisher.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Sniper Elite V2 was developed by Rebellion. 505 Games is just a publisher.
    That makes more sense.

Can't say I've heard of 505 Games before, hopefully that doesn't bode poorly for Starbreeze. I really liked their work in Syndicate.

4. I played through this game a day or two ago and boy was it a great experience from beginning to end.

While I never quite mastered the twin sticks control scheme it was still novel in it's approach so the challenge basically lied in trying to control both brothers at the same time during puzzles/traversals rather than the puzzles themselves. The world itself is beautifully well crafted with a mix of fantastical landscapes horror elements thrown in to provide an interesting contrast of areas within the world. By the time I finished the game I was really moved by the story and characters so I think it fully accomplishes what it set out to do so major props to Starbreeze and Josef Fares.

Hope to see more from them in the future.

9/10