Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed: Most Wanted

1. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Criterion is almost ready to drop another bad ass game on us. GameTrailers TV has a big segment on Most Wanted this week.

It's the sequel to Burnout Paradise.

I'm very interested to see if EA wants my money. If there's no Cross Buy or Steam release, they don't.

3. The chance of it getting a Steam release is 0%. Deal with it.

That's probably right, which makes the chances of EA getting a penny from me equal to the chances they announce Cross Buy in the next couple weeks.

5. Why would you expect any company besides a Sony first party to do Cross Buy? The kickbacks from Sony to the developer must be insane to make that promotion work.

6. NFS:HP was the best NFS ever but it still failed to compel me to play more than a handful of races. Unless this controls like a Burnout game I'll wait for $10-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Why would you expect any company besides a Sony first party to do Cross Buy? The kickbacks from Sony to the developer must be insane to make that promotion work.
    EA said they were considering it back in August. It's not that I expect it; it's that I'm not giving them a penny if they don't do it.

I disagree about the need for kickbacks though. Essentially no one is going to buy both the PS3 and Vita versions, so it isn't costing them any revenue to do it, and it will likely increase the sales of the PS3 version, so they actually come out ahead.

8. Then how will the developer of the Vita game make any money if Sony is just giving it away? Shouldn't it be a good enough game to sell on it's own? Why would anyone want to make a Vita game if the only shit that moves is in a free Sony bundle?

9. Third party cross buy is a bit pie in the sky.
    However, if I could spend $80 and get both ps3 and vita NFS:MW via PSN, I would be all over it.

10. How much do they charge for Cross Buy now? I just realized I'm just assuming they're doing it at $60.