Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron 42/Star Citizen (New Space Shooter from Chris "Wing Commander" Roberts)

1. The live event was kind of a disaster.

That video is the single player version of the stream edited to just show the in game stuff.

When they went to another level and did the multi-player dog-fighter stuff and most of the time nothing really worked.

They are releasing it to the public around the end of the month, so they have some work to do.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    The live event was kind of a disaster.

When they went to another level and did the multi-player dog-fighter stuff and most of the time nothing really worked.

They are releasing it to the public around the end of the month, so they have some work to do.
    Where dreams meet reality.

3. I haven't been paying close attention to this game and I haven't backed it but I've been excited. All I really want are nice Rift visuals and a good campaign with some WC1 style combat. The game sounds way more ambitious than that, but I'll live if it doesn't do everything it sets out to.

4. G force G force G force yaaaaaah?

Rad.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

6. Me, daveisok and epmode were at the event. Roberts started the demo and immediately crashed and had to start over, then froze as soon as he shot a missile, and then awkwardly tried to show off the damage modeling that barely worked until he randomly exploded while trying to land on something.

It was weird.

7. Dave was telling me about that in vent, and how heavily that video is edited.

8. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Me, daveisok and epmode were at the event. Roberts started the demo and immediately crashed and had to start over, then froze as soon as he shot a missile, and then awkwardly tried to show off the damage modeling that barely worked until he randomly exploded while trying to land on something.

It was weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Dave was telling me about that in vent, and how heavily that video is edited.
    All that stuff is in the above video. It's just edited to show only in game footage. So you don't have to see them rebooting the game or showing the crowd. It looked like the damage model wasn't working because someone turned on "god mode" so he didn't crash into random stuff and die. He might not of been aware of that until he kept trying to crash into asteroids and wouldn't die... but then, why did his ship blow up when he tried to land? Who knows?

Anyway that single player portion wasn't the bad part of the event. The next part was the multiplayer portion and most of the players were sitting there on windows desktop not being able to load the game. The ingame footage they actually got from that level was Chris Roberts' ship spinning out of control endlessly into space.

The whole stream is available on youtube... I just linked the actual in game stuff because the rest is pretty much a waste of time.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

That's pretty disappointing.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. What a scam.