Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron 42/Star Citizen (New Space Shooter from Chris "Wing Commander" Roberts)

1. I still need to figure out where I put my info and how to download it, but it's definitely pre-alpha. What I've read so far is a lot of issue with controls and inability to remap, expectedly weird performance (supposedly doesn't work at all with SLI), and a general slippy arcade feel.

It is funny seeing some people claim the game is ruined as though this is some kind of a final release.

2. Kickstarter backers are the most entitled shits in the world. It really is staggering the amount of melodrama they can muster when something doesn't turn out exactly as planned.

3. CHRIS ROBERTS IS STEALING OUR MONEY THIS IS ALL A GIANT SCAM

4. It is.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    CHRIS ROBERTS IS STEALING OUR MONEY THIS IS ALL A GIANT SCAM
    Well, they're right about that.

6. I tried to launch Arena Commander to see if my computer could even handle it and it told me it was repairing files forever and I got bored and played Dota 2 instead.

My review: 0/10

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    So, um, how is it?

I want very much for this game to be good, and damned if it doesn't look it, I just have my doubts about something this ambitious.
    They have the graphics scaled back quite a bit so it runs really well on my PC and highest in-game settings. It still looks pretty good. It is pre-alpha... but the game functions well. At this point most people only have access to the offline modes: Free flight and Vanduul Swarm. You can potentially have access to generic versions of the Aurora, 300i, and Hornet. They are letting people access the multiplayer online modes based on your citizen ID number. Testing system stability with small numbers, fixing problems, then letting in more people.

My game has crashed a few times in Vanduul Swarm... typically when I am killed by named vanduul mobs (they usually fire missiles frequently).

I have my complaints about some of the gameplay but it is pretty fun even at this basic level and very early. You can see the potential for something great.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I still need to figure out where I put my info and how to download it, but it's definitely pre-alpha.
    I'll hit you up on steam when I get home to see if you are still having trouble or need any help.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. The RSI event at Gamescom event just finished in Germany. Lots of new news.

The 2945 Constellation (Aquila) commercial

The Constellation variants are on sale and available for viewing in your hangers. They are not ready for arena commander yet as that is coming with the multi-crew ship patch. Variants are as follows:

Andromeda - Standard model
    Taurus - Cargo/Freighter
    Aquila - Dedicated expedition model
    Phoenix - Luxury version

The showed off a racing course in the Murrary Cup trailer

Here are the four redesigned hangers providers you can now choose from

They also show the FPS teaser they are going to unveil at PAX Austrailia in November.

9. They released Arena Commander V0.9 today. A lot of new features were added in the patch. I'll mess around with it when i get home.

10. The above video is a fan-made, in game, 3rd person cockpit view, showing off the graphics in free flight mode.

Tonight at 7pm PDT Cloud Imperium Games is streaming CitizenCon 2014. They'll probably start selling the Cutlass variants and the 890 Jump (the $600 interstellar super-yacht).