Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron 42/Star Citizen (New Space Shooter from Chris "Wing Commander" Roberts)

1. He's also a dummy if he doesn't think Kickstarter's fees would more than pay for themselves in the extra money he'd raise that way.

2. Well, this way makes it easier for Europeans/whoever to pitch in.

3. Is this called Squadron 42 or Star Citizen? The first is generic but passable but the latter is horrific. Also, his answers to "Why So Much Money?" and "Why Not Kickstarter?" are rather silly.

I'm looking forward to this (since there's only been like two decent space sims in the last decade and one of those was an MMO) but the crowd-sourcing part seems odd.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Is this called Squadron 42 or Star Citizen? The first is generic but passable but the latter is horrific. Also, his answers to "Why So Much Money?" and "Why Not Kickstarter?" are rather silly.
    What did it say? The site seems to be down-ish (redirects to a "back up")

5. The site and the url say Star Citizen, but the video you linked is called "Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Trailer" and says on the Youtube page, "Check out the full trailer for Squadron 42 on www.robertsspaceindustries.com on 10.10.12". I can't tell what's going on.

Edit: you probably meant the FAQ. The money question posts a picture of videogame developer salaries saying the median price is like $127k a year which is needed for things like rent, and the why not Kickstarter is basically saying so that people can give them money. Which doesn't say anything. It's just a bunch of words that don't actually give an answer aside from how people can let them keep the cash even if their goal fails.
    Last edited by MechDeus; 10 Oct 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Squadron 42 is the name of the single-player portion. The MMOish portion is called Star Citizen, because the idea is that it's the fall of the Roman Empire IIIIIN SPAAAAACE and citizenship has to be earned. I am so hyped.

7. I knew Wing Commander fanboys back in the day. They were worse than Star Wars fanboys and Furries put together, IMO.

8. BTW, did you know that Roberts says publishers don't back PC games anymore? It says so right on his Kickstarter wannabe site so it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Star Wars fanboys and Furries put together

Close enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plush1.jpeg 
Views:	635 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	67245  

Ben Kuchera has it out for this guy.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery