Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Squadron 42/Star Citizen (New Space Shooter from Chris "Wing Commander" Roberts)

1. The main website is down. You can still pledge on kickstarter.

I'm trying to find specifics on all the ships they put up for sale today.

It would be nice to have a guild ready and enough people to buy a lifetime supply of Idris Corvettes.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    New AI demo:

Amazing.
    This is basically the first real AAA game to get funded through KS/crowdfunding. It looks so good.

I'm broke and didn't back, but I'm all over this shit when it comes out in 2014 or whatever

3. If this delivers half of what it is promising, it's going to be the best game ever created.

4. Unless pledges drop by a ton or the RSI website completely melts, this is going to break $5.5M. There's even a chance to hit $6M.

*100 star systems total
    *Full orchestral score
    *A 16 mission post-release expansion provided free for all backers

5. Holy shit! This just hit $6 million. Still an hour and a half left.

6. Pretty awesome. I wonder if they're still going to use outside funding or if this has gotten so big they're just better off using their own money.

7. I don't think you can build the game they're proposing with $6M.

8. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I don't think you can build the game they're proposing with $6M.
    Didn't it cost $10 million to make Wing Commander 4, which was a ludicrously extravangant budget 15 years ago?

Roberts has always been a dreamer. It's good when you're playing with EA or Ultima money, but when you're taking money directly from fans...

9. According to Roberts, WC3 cost a little over $3M. WC4 cost roughly $10M but the vast majority of the extra money was dumped into cinematics.

edit:

Final tally
    Raised: $6,235,690
    RSI: $4,101,316 Kickstarter: $2,134,374
    Last edited by epmode; 19 Nov 2012 at 02:23 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Didn't it cost $10 million to make Wing Commander 4, which was a ludicrously extravangant budget 15 years ago?
    I thought it was like $4 million, and most of that was the cut scenes.

The Witcher 2 cost $10 million to make. You can make a decent game for $6 million if you're smart about it.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 19 Nov 2012 at 02:39 PM.