Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142426272829 LastLast

Thread: Squadron 42/Star Citizen (New Space Shooter from Chris "Wing Commander" Roberts)

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Why bad CG celebrities? Yo, is your space game actually fun? Is there a game in there?
    They look alright to me. Do you have better examples of CG celebrities?

2. If it looks good to you, you go right ahead. The space stuff looks great, the people look like Mass Effect 1, to the point where I wonder if the people making the game forgot to make a game.

There's clearly a TON of resources being poured in to an aspect of the presentation that doesn't look good.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Oct 2018 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I think the people look great in the newest trailer, though there does seem to be an abundance of elderly white dudes in Earth's space military.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Why bad CG celebrities? Yo, is your space game actually fun? Is there a game in there?
    I get putting Mark Hamill in there, but most of the rest are unnecessary.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    If it looks good to you, you go right ahead. The space stuff looks great, the people look like Mass Effect 1, to the point where I wonder if the people making the game forgot to make a game.

There's clearly a TON of resources being poured in to an aspect of the presentation that doesn't look good.
    Did you play Wing Commander III?

He’s going for the look and feel of that game. He even has John Rhys-Davies making an appearance. He’s replaced the FMV acting sequences with CGI, which is much better.

The faces certainly look better than the glitched out faces of Andromeda, and they are every bit as good looking as those of the Witcher 3. I don’t get your hate on this one.
    Last edited by gamevet; 12 Oct 2018 at 10:49 AM.

6. FMV > cgi man.

7. Yeah I think FMV is way more interesting than bad mocapped CGI, it's this weird quirk I have. It's bad.

8. If they could do it without having actors standing in front of green screens and having a fake background behind them, yeah, I’d be all for FMV cut scenes. It just looked incredibly cheesy in WCIII and War Hawk.

9. Did you back this? Are you angry they're wasting your money on the cinematic crap instead of making a good game?

10. I like FMV, but this looks as good as any other in-game mocapped characters so it doesn't really seem fair to call it "bad CGI" unless we're indicting games as a medium.

Did not/would not back this project but I am holding out hopes that we get a good Wing Commander successor out of this even if the open world MMO thing is a pipe dream.