Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: Squadron 42/Star Citizen (New Space Shooter from Chris "Wing Commander" Roberts)

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Did you back this? Are you angry they're wasting your money on the cinematic crap instead of making a good game?
    What are you talking about? You’re the one that was being all jaded about the mo-cap. I don’t have a beef with it. The only thing that I think is better is what they did with LA Noire, with the FMV like texture mapping of the faces.
    Wing Commander has always been a cinematic experience, so I don’t know why you would expect this game to be any different.

And no, I do not throw money behind vaporware. I’ll wait until there’s a pre-order before I throw cash down.
    Last edited by gamevet; 12 Oct 2018 at 06:44 PM.

These days I'd take mocap with good voice actors over live action with bad production values any day.

However, you can get good voice actors without paying for Gary Oldman and Henry Cavill.

3. The following video is a decent "current state of the game" from a guy at Digital Foundry. He covers some of the "next-gen" tech stuff they are attempting to get in there.

CitizenCon is on 23 November. Looks like they are going to show off system (Stanton) to system (Pyro) travel.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. lol.

5. Pretty much!