Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Puppeteer (PS3)

1. Dear readers,
    I apologize for my Hurtful misrepresEntation of the preceding articLe. If you dirty savages would just read, you would see that dude just wants peoPle to not mollycoddle kids by thinking they can't handle darker MattEr such as grimm's fairty tales. Kids are tougher and smarter than you think. Oh, except when it comes to gameplay. You should coddle the molly right out of their dumb brains in that case, or else they'll get bored and go back to retrying an angry birds stage a dozen times until they beat it.

In closing, I am quite well, and Finch has not, in fact, kidnapped my person to hold me at knifepoint. The preceeding message holds no secret codes. May God bless us with numerous Puppeteer sequels in the face of horrible sales. Japan rules, Allan Becker rules (don't know who that is? Read the article, philistine!) and so does Baron Munchausen. Robin Williams was not the least bit annoying in that movie. Also, the symbolism for imagination and the death of imagination was in no way overly obvious. Thank you.

2. help yourself.

Saw a lonely copy of this at Kmart. Asked for a price and it was $5.

4. Finch was right. This game is capture-your-heart good. I'm only being a little hyperbolic when I say there is more imagination, charm, and attention to detail in a single Act than most other entire games.

I played the first few levels when it was $7 or whatever on PSN a while ago, then put it aside, not overly impressed because... I don't know, I'm cranky. The audience reactions maybe. They are horrid, but you can turn them off (and you should). I've gone back this week and I'm stuck in.

I can't believe how much effort they put into this thing. Like, it doesn't make sense. It's as if we're glimpsing a parallel reality in which hop 'n' bops never went out of style and an elaborate affair like this is justified by high sales. We all know it bombed hard, which anyone could have seen coming, so I can't understand why Sony greenlighted it in the first place, let alone made it *this* good.

5. If anyone's K-Mart still has it for $5 I'll pay that plus shipping.

6. I'll get this digital when it goes on sale again but knowing Sony it'll probably get another release on PS4 in 1080 pee.

7. this is the one game i wish they'd make a remaster of
    Donk