Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Shows That I Miss

1. Shows That I Miss

I miss this show so much.
    What do you wish was still around?

2. Sealab was awesome up until Harry Goz (Captain Murphy) passed away. The "Tornado" Shanks episodes weren't very good, imo. Speaking of old Adult Swim shows, I really miss Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Mr. Show was hit-or-miss a lot of the time, but had some classic episodes.

Same goes for Wonder Showzen, which was so utterly cynical and mean-spirited I'm amazed it was ever approved to begin with.

I still watch Twin Peaks and Deadwood from time to time. It's Gary Shandling's Show was pretty brilliant too.

Edit: I miss all those old horror anthologies that were all the rage during the 80s and early 90s like Tales From the Darkside, Monsters, and Tales from the Crypt. I remember being especially fond of the latter because I was an adolescent boy and there was a 50/50 chance of seeing boobs in any given episode. I used to watch Dream On for similar reasons.
    Last edited by No One; 12 Oct 2012 at 09:03 PM.

3. Family Matters

I miss Heroes. It's a shame that it only lasted one season.

5. Sealab was so good. I can't believe how much I've forgotten of it; I used to quote that rectal thermometer bit all the time but didn't even recall it until that part was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Same goes for Wonder Showzen, which was so utterly cynical and mean-spirited I'm amazed it was ever approved to begin with.
    I remember when I first found and loved the shit out Kid's Show floating around the internet, but then didn't find out until a couple years after Wonder Showzen had gone off the air that it had gotten approved, a name change, a bunch of episodes made, and actually been aired. I felt like the worst fan ever.

6. The writing on Sealab was so goddamn good. Not that there was much animation anyway, but my favorite episode was the one about the generator where most of the show was a black screen. Fucking hilarious.
    I never saw Wonder Showzen. I will have to check it out.
    There can only be none!

7. Der Dieb is the best episode ever.

EARTH WIND AND FIRE, BACK TO THE SHIRE!

What in Judas Rockin' Priest is going on around here?

8. Can I marry people?

9. Now, couple! Put the spurs to her, doc!

10. The doppelgänger episode is the best

TELL THAT TO QUEEN DOPPELPOPOLIS!

Also dodgeball cannon