Page 1 of 32 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: You Guys Hear About This Storm Yet?

1. You Guys Hear About This Storm Yet?

So hey, who's ready to get washed away on the east coast with me?
    I've heard more stuff about this storm in the past 2 days than anything else in my life. Stores around here look like Armageddon is happening, not a single person hasn't come into my office not talking about it, and it's only a cat 1 with the chance of making a snow baby with a noreaster.
    I'm posting this in hopes that it just goes the other direction
    Last edited by Chux; 27 Oct 2012 at 09:01 AM.

2. Yea, I'll be right there with you.

3. This morning when we got up my chick said, "we should test the generator to make sure it works properly! Theres a hurricane coming!"

4. I just don't even SEE the problem. I'm going on Weather.com it's a cat 1, with it degrading to just a TS before it hits us. We start getting rain tomorrow, and that's it. Monday it gets a little more wild, and tuesday is supposed to be Peace Out City. This is all IF it stays the current course. We're stocked just in case, but last year we had evacuated off the island by this time.

5. I already don't work until tuesday so I just don't want the power to go out while I sit around playing vidja games

6. Fucking generators man.

7. I'm next to Pittsburgh so there's a good chance that we'll be getting some kinda rain snow mix. I'm ready to take a personal day or two lol. I can hear weathermen high-fiving.

8. Yeah, Sunday is the Cold front moving through ... anywhere from 1pm to 4pm. Monday is when the REAL SHIT goes down.

The Cold front fuels the Hurricane and pulls the storm(usually going out to sea) towards land. The eye will hit you(Chux - DelMarVa peninsula), the brunt of the storm hits me(Atlantic city, NJ and points North).
    Last edited by Advocate; 27 Oct 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Yeah, I'm right on the Chesapeake Bay. Search for Chester, MD on google maps and you'll see. Flooding from Isabel didn't make it to my house, but about 15 houses away, who knows what'll happen.

10. I'm up in NY where people overreact every time a weatherman rings his bell. People are really freaking out. I have yet to check the stores, but I'm sure they're mostly empty.