Thread: Koi No Yokan

1. Koi No Yokan

I haven't listened to the Deftones in years really, but I heard a single on the radio and really digged it. The album isn't officially out yet, but I picked up a leak and have been pretty impressed. Has anyone else grabbed it? It reminds me a lot of their White Pony album in some ways, but has it's own unique flavor to it. I'll probably buy it when it comes out this week.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

2. Has anyone else picked this album up/listened to it online? They put out a new radio single and I still find myself listening to the album pretty frequently. It's a solid album from start to finish.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Yeah, it's good.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Which tracks are your favorites?

I was pretty surprised at the songwriting on this one. It's certainly a Deftones record but takes some unexpected turns along the way. Most of the songs are structured around the bands heavy style but a majority of them have some really soft/melodic parts that are even romantic sounding at times. Some of the lyrics are a little over the top but the album is, for the most part, a very intelligent and mature effort by the band. When they started as a band amongst the "nu-metal" trend in the mid to late 90's I don't think most people would've thought the band would still be around nearly 20 years later. Even more surprising is their ability to adapt their sound and still release very strong records this late into the band's life. They outlasted a majority of the other bands in the genre and have been able to survive while remaining relevant. While I was more of a casual fan in the early 2000's, the Deftones later work (a big part being this album) has been mostly responsible into turning me into a closer fan of the band.

If any of you have remotely enjoyed any of their previous work and haven't listened to this album yet, I would highly suggest checking it out and posting about it in this thread.

5. Pretty good album all together, really dig the slow low end they're getting with the 8 strings, and their new bassist is solid. The new songs sound amazing live, as well, and it was nice to hear Chino has much better control of his voice these days.

6. It would be cool to see some of these songs live. I watched a live DVD of theirs awhile back and noticed Chino didn't sing as well when he was playing guitar. Good to hear that he's gotten better.

7. Hi everyone,
    It is really very nice and interesting forum thanks for sharing ....
    neha

8. I can't even imagine what kind of spam that's supposed to be...

Your mom is really nice and interesting too. We're all very thankful for her sharing too.

9. I'm not sure what tracks are on the radio but I really dig "Tempest". It is pretty cool to see how they've developed and surpassed many of the nu-metal bands they've grown up with. They've always had some progressive elements but they seem to have dug deeper on this album without going over board.

If you like this album I definitely recommend the band Night Verses, they put out a 4 track EP "Out of the Sky" a year ago and just released a full length album a week ago.