Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers 4

1. Hasn't this been the worst summer for movies in a while?
    People go to movies to escape "my family."
    Protecting your family from whatever disaster is going on can be a theme, but it shouldnt be the focus.
    Everyone in hollywood needs to watch die hard and take notes. There was lots of Bruce crying about his family in it, but no one walked away from that movie complaining about it. It had the right rhythm of balls out action/ calming moment/ action/calm. Today's blockbusters seem to have too much of one and not enough of the other.
    Well, that's my potty rant. Carry on now.

2. Transformers 4

Well at least the wifey in Godzilla is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    It was already planned as a new Trilogy. So, they are already working on TF 5.
    I blame you for this.

3. If Transformers 4 tanked, how quick do you think the plans for 5 would have been dropped.

4. Considering how well 1 - 3 did, if 4 tanked they probably would just lower the budget for 5. If 4 and 5 tanked then they would probably drop 6.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Can they just drop the director?

6. Not while he's still making them so much money.

Bay originally said he'd be onboard for, what, 7 movies as long as they kept raking in cash.

7. I'm perfectly clam dude.

8. It took me 4 nights to finish this turd. I thought TF3 was a pretty good movie, some of the special effects and setup was spectacular and the human parts weren't THAT annoying. But TF4 reverts back to TF1/2 retardation, and worst of all, the robot fighting scenes are not even exciting anymore. Optimus Prime is basically Jesus Christ since he can't be hurt even if you drive a sword into his chest. Basically, there is no tension even if there are only 4 autobots left. Dinobots were stupid, they have zero personality and basically used as a mode of transport.

The human part... IP hit it on the nail, the two male leads are interchangeable, I was expecting Mark Wahlberg to make out with his daughter at any point. The boyfriend was completely extraneous. None of the plot/scenes make any sense, there is no flow to any part of the movie. And who was that leader robot with the space ship? He was a complete waste, should have just focused on Galvatron (wtf he is a truck too).

9. Transformers 1 was a decent popcorn flick that at least got from point A to B logically. This one felt like a retrend, had worse acting, and virtually every scene seemed disconnected.

10. TF1/2 human parts are so dumb though, but the action scenes made it bearable.