Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Time- Cartoon Network

1. I started to read Opaque's post. Then I stopped.

I WILL MAKE THIS JOURNEY ON MY OWN.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    There are a few episodes that aren't that great. Maybe you just saw one of those. I keep saying this, but it really picks up in the 3rd season.

From there on it's been non stop gold. Also, seriously, this show gets dark as fuck. I was reading through the episode listings to find what this episode was called and I got reminded of the episode with the deer. HOLY. FUCK.

3. I think my favorite thing about Pendleton Ward/this show is that it seriously doesn't take it self seriously, but is not seriously serious.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 16 Nov 2012 at 02:39 AM.

4. related

Donk

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I think my favorite thing about Pendleton Ward/this show is that it seriously doesn't take it self seriously, but is not seriously serious.
    I consider the show a commentary on perspective and the human spirit.

Finn and Jake live in a horrible fucked up world. But you'd never know it because you only really get to see the world from their perspective. Life is grand because they want it to be.

6. I love this show, loved it since the Adventure Time short has been floating around youtube long before its debut on CN. Pendleton Ward is an absolute master of non-sequitur humor, and has a brilliant imagination to match. Like Opaque posted, it's very much a multi-faceted show, and it'll take a few passes before you can soak everything in, especially the subtle dark undertones.

The show was originally pitched to Nickelodeon (hince the Nickelodeon logo on the original short), but they passed on it. That's a good thing, as Cartoon Network is FAR more lenient in what they allow in their animated shows than Nickelodeon, and Adventure Time would've more than likely been an inferior show on Nick.

7. I can't believe how much I love this show.

8. Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth View Post
    I love this show, loved it since the Adventure Time short has been floating around youtube long before its debut on CN. Pendleton Ward is an absolute master of non-sequitur humor, and has a brilliant imagination to match. Like Opaque posted, it's very much a multi-faceted show, and it'll take a few passes before you can soak everything in, especially the subtle dark undertones.
    I just started the first season at the beginning of the week, but I've already noticed widespread destructio and a couple of skeletons holding each other on a couch in a destroyed building underwater. I don't think it takes as many passes as one might think.

I also remembered how awesome the Flash intro to Ward's website is. http://buenothebear.com/

9. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I just started the first season at the beginning of the week, but I've already noticed widespread destructio and a couple of skeletons holding each other on a couch in a destroyed building underwater. I don't think it takes as many passes as one might think.
    Of course. The more perceptive viewers will notice those things immediately, but the general public will only notice the rapid-fire jokes and weird art direction and plot. Anecdotally speaking, anyone I ever hear talking about the show mentions the comedy, never the underlying morosity.

10. The show has gotten darker as it's gone on. The past few episodes have been really really dark