Page 66 of 172 FirstFirst ... 526264656667687080 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII

1. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Everything in this movie looks so, abrams. I don't know how to explain it, I guess it feels like it will be as much star wars as the new star trek was star trek. Which is not very much.
    Star Trek was pretty Star Wars-y. That was everyone's big complaint. All he has to do is keep making the same movie really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Pretty much, and I would be okay with that. I enjoyed those Star Trek movies.

3. Cammed Rogue One trailer. I understand it's to be a heist movie about stealing the plans for the Death Star, set before/during A New Hope. Many Bothans are gonna die.

Yeahhhh actually I think Disney might be the right studio to be making these things. A movie a year? Shit yeah.

4. It feels like they're doing it right. Trailers are always whatever, but it's like they know what's really evocative about the SW universe and letting you rest on it a bit, versus the prequels strategy of just throwing stuff at you.

I really liked those Knights of the Old Republic bioware games, the universe can be a lot of fun to be in, but it's a real challenge being so closely tied to existing movie plots. If this were set like...100 years after RotJ, I'd be a lot more interested. Having the old as well as old actors return isn't that big a draw. Although the implications of those potential Luke spoilers are pretty intriguing. Especially if they understand that its effect on the story is what's intriguing, not just the effect on Luke himself.

KOTOR is top tier storytelling.

6. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    Having the old as well as old actors return isn't that big a draw.
    I'm not so sure 99% of people agree with this.

Yeah, man. Have you seen any of the trailer reaction vids?

I sent the trailer to my dad and he straight up flipped his shit.

8. That's cool. I mean, if they should be in it, then by all means. As long as Ford promises to give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    As long as Ford promises to give a shit.
    I want to believe.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post

Cammed Rogue One trailer. I understand it's to be a heist movie about stealing the plans for the Death Star, set before/during A New Hope. Many Bothans are gonna die.

Yeahhhh actually I think Disney might be the right studio to be making these things. A movie a year? Shit yeah.
    If nothing else, they spent way too much money getting the property, they'll want to turn a ROI sooner than later.