Page 57 of 172 FirstFirst ... 435355565758596171 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII

1. Star Wars: Episode VII

Hopefully he has become a better filmmaker since Star Trek. I mean, the first one was ok but totally inconsequential. I didn't even bother with the second one.

I don't care about how anything fits into the universe, all that nerd shit the podcasts and websites are dissecting now. I just want a grand adventure filled with cool moments and good action scenes. Like the first 3 movies, which lord knows were all far far from perfect. I'll hold on to hope as long as they aren't discussing trade embargoes in the next trailer.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 17 Apr 2015 at 06:13 PM.

2. Star Wars: Episode VII

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    If your 70's era robotics contribute to the visual style of the film, awesome. After the prequels, the technology in that universe is all over the place, and even though the designs are superior, the original stuff sticks out logically against what's clearly common place. I mean, there's stuff that just hovers...R2D2 is so useless they invented jets for his feet in the prequels just so he could participate in scenes, and that is not cool 70's robotics. That's ham-handed.

It's annoying seeing R2D2 and C3P0 or some equivalent get trotted out anytime they've hit the narrative beat for slapstick physical comedy or a deus ex machina, or don't think anything Star War'y enough is on screen. R2D2 has essentially become the "I'll be back" of the SW series.
    Obviously we don't have much to go on but it seems like they are almost retconning the technology of the prequels. I bet you'll see the same if that Blomkamp Aliens ever goes through. But I'm happy to pretend the prequels don't exist.

3. Hey, he made a better Star Wars movie than Lucas had in 25+ years. It's just he did it when he was supposed to be making Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

I'm just worried they are going to fuck it up in the opposite way George fucked up the newest movies. He got too caught up in his vision. He was damned and determined to shove every little thing he'd day dreamed about into those new movies. He shoved so much shit in there he forgot to make a good movie. The movie was just a vehicle for him to show cool aliens, and ships, and robots and plants, etc that were in his head. Telling the story was a second or third priority. I think he was really scared that like so many great fiction writers, he'd die before he got all the material out.

Disney on the other hand, might go completely in the other direction and have zero vision. Just paint by numbers shit. Copy shit from games, books, and the previous movies, then filter it all through a series of test groups and market research.

I don't want this to be like the newest Godzilla. I don't want Hansolo or Luke to be Godzilla. I don't want to be subjected to a story I don't care about, that was built for test market groups just to get to little bits of awesome. And don't get me started on how much I don't want this to be like the hobbit where all the side characters are oddly sexy and the main character is neglected and forgettable.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Aww, I love the future of the 70's.
    Good lord yes, me too. Where's my starship with shag carpeting?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. This is going to cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make, and it's being made by ( I think) the largest entertainment corporation in the world. It's going to be everything you don't want it to be because Disney needs every person on the planet to want to see it. Not a single Abrams film yet has been anything better than mediocre. This will be no different.
    I want it to be good.
    But it won't be. There's no creative vision, Disney is just hoping their Frankenstein monster pays off for them. I've no doubt it will.
    I've also no doubt that this will be much like every other shallow popcorn experience that most of you jizz about when you leave the theater, but once your erection has had time to settle and the blood starts flowing back to your brain you'll admit it wasn't that great.

7. Spoken like someone who has done their share of shamefucking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I don't know what that means, but probably.

I thought his Star Trek movies were pretty good.

10. The first one was decent, the second was terrible.

And I quite enjoyed mission impossible 3
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.