Page 58 of 172 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606272 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII

It was ok.

His "mystery box" bullshit is so stupid.

Write a good story and you won't need a shit gimmick, Shyamalan.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Its made even worse by George being really honest about "the power of myth"

Read Joseph Campbell, get some good dialog writers, frame your fucking shots right and you can probably produce something enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    the second was terrible.
    I like when they violated the Prime Directive 5 minutes in.

It's accurate though, Kirk managed to destroy at least one culture in every other episode.

Captain Kirk doesn't give a fuck about your directives, prime or otherwise.

6. I don't care what has been done to the franchise. The teaser was fucking awesome. I got chills. I haven't been this excited to see a movie in a long damn time.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. I will watch this, but I don't expect it to have the same impact as the original. If it is anything like the Star Trek reboot, it will be entertaining but completely forgettable by the end. I can't even tell you what those 2 ST movies plots were, but I remember liking them.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    This is going to cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make, and it's being made by ( I think) the largest entertainment corporation in the world. It's going to be everything you don't want it to be because Disney needs every person on the planet to want to see it. Not a single Abrams film yet has been anything better than mediocre. This will be no different.
    I want it to be good.
    But it won't be. There's no creative vision, Disney is just hoping their Frankenstein monster pays off for them. I've no doubt it will.
    I've also no doubt that this will be much like every other shallow popcorn experience that most of you jizz about when you leave the theater, but once your erection has had time to settle and the blood starts flowing back to your brain you'll admit it wasn't that great.
    Nah, Disney knows what it's doing. Quite frankly you're being a joyless husk of a human being.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 18 Apr 2015 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Disney has people who are just 'character managers'; their entire job is to keep the fidelity of Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse or whatever. I'd trust them to keep the 'spirit' of the thing better than any other studio, it's not like they have to worry if they're going to make money on it. They're not exactly hard-up for cash, in case you've not been paying attention lately.

They've done a far better job with Marvel than I'd have expected, I don't think they're going to steer Star Wars into a mountain.

Iger paying the money out-of-pocket for the BB-8 to be a physical prop seems to indicate that they care about the franchise quite a bit: https://fortune.com/2015/04/17/iger-...rs-bb8-sphero/
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I think they might be proving a point there. It's easier to do with CG but LOOK WHAT WE DID, YOU FUCKS.