Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 Golden (Vita)

Was Last Remnant any good?

At least there was Xenoblade Chronicles and maybe Last Story? Still haven't played that.

edit: by Last Remnant I meant Resonance of Fate, lol.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Last Remnant is good but is crazy better on the PC and really gimped on 360.

Also: Didn't you buy it during last Christmas' Steam sale?

[edit] Well nevermind then.

RoF has really good gameplay and probably the best implementation of modern aesthetics as RPG conventions ever, but the story is wacky as fuck and the exploration is weird puzzle-esque tile layering.
    Last edited by MechDeus; 20 Nov 2012 at 06:55 PM.

I am loving the fat shit out of this so far. It's great.
    My Backloggery

4. It really is fantastic. It's insane how good it looks on the OLED screen; they clearly put a lot of work into the new textures and improving the draw distance in dungeons. I played for nearly 3 hours last night and have already noticed quite a bit of new and reworked content.

5. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    It's insane how good it looks on the OLED screen
    This can't be said enough, it's so fucking sharp.

This game has its own save menu (it doesn't call the default UI save function) and lets you manage game saves. Thank you so much, Atlus. I know you care.

It also has the Persona TV channels where you can re-watch the cutscenes plus a lot of extra shit. The coolest is a class with the occult teacher from P3 that talks about Jungian persona and shadow selves. I've only read through one but it seems there are more unlocked as you play. Neat extras!
    My Backloggery

7. Mine is stuck in holiday shipping hell. Maybe Friday...

8. Can this game be played without knowing anything about the series?
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Yes, easily. It's a mix of Scooby-Doo, dating sim, and demon pokémon. It is also not scared to kill you off if you're fucking up, even on the normal difficulty.

Another neat thing is the online integration: you can see a cloud of buzzwords that reflect the choices most commonly made by people playing online at the same juncture. There's some kind of SOS you can set up when you're in a dungeon and apparently people online can help you out, but I haven't tried it so I don't know how that works or what it does.
    My Backloggery