Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 3 (PC, PS3, 360)

Crysis 3 (PC, PS3, 360)

I'm surprised this didn't have a thread yet. Here are the PC system requirements:

Minimum system requirements for PC
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
    • DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM
    • Dual core CPU
    • 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista
    • Nvidia/Intel example setup: Nvidia GTS 450, Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
    • AMD example setup: AMD Radeon HD5770, AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

Recommended system requirements for PC
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
    • DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
    • Quad core GPU
    • 4GB Memory
    • Nvidia/Intel example setup: Nvidia GTX 560, Intel Core i3-530
    • AMD example setup: AMD Radeon HD5870, AMD Phenom II X2 565

Hi-performance system requirements for PC
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 •
    • Latest DirectX 11 graphics card •
    • Latest quad core CPU
    • 8GB Memory
    • Nvidia/Intel example setup: NVidia GTX 680, Intel Core i7-2600k
    • AMD example setup: AMD Radeon HD7970, AMD Bulldozer FX4150

By the time EA decides they want me to buy this, I should have the hi-performance covered.

2. I want the 670 to go on deep sale on Amazon. This game is a big reason why.

I'm just going to wait until next summer or so to upgrade. This game won't be on Steam for a year anyway, and most of the games that will need that kind of horsepower will be driven by the next console generation, so paying the premium price now just seems stupid.

4. I'll probably upgrade for Star Citizen!

There's a chance this will show up on Steam since I don't think EA is 100% in charge of the Crysis IP or distribution rights or whatever.

I hear you, but Crysis 2 was the first game that got yanked due to all that DLC nonsense, so CryTek would likely have had to intentionally work around it to avoid a repeat.

6. I know some don't care for Crysis 2 but I had a very good time with it and I thought it looked great. I plan on finally upgrading my 5 year old Q6600 based pc during the summer when Intel's new "Haswell" chipset is released. Who knows what vid cards will be available then but I'll be ready for Crysis 3 and anything else by summer.

7. My rig is getting pretty ancient, but a big upgrade is probably out of my price range right now. I might get a used GeForce 460 or something at some point, but if it's not in time, I'll (blasphemy!) go with the console ports.

8. Crysis 2 was good on Xbox 360. Obviously it didn't have the shine of the PC version but it played the same and looked very good all the same. That's the thing with games these days, a port is a port. I started RE5 on PC and it looks amazing at 1080p, tons of AA, and 60fps but the 360 one looked and played just fine too.

The next round of consoles will be able to handle a game like Crysis 3 extremely well. Maybe not Crysis 5 but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I'll probably upgrade for Star Citizen!

There's a chance this will show up on Steam since I don't think EA is 100% in charge of the Crysis IP or distribution rights or whatever.
    I'm hoping so, given Crytek is an EA Partner instead of an owned studio ala DICE. This could be why EA didn't put Origin in the Steam version of C2 Max Ed., or even keep it off Steam all the way. Maybe Crytek has some control there. The fact that Steam's C2ME has NO 3rd party DRM is a good sign. If Crysis 3 doesn't go on Steam right away, it's probably just a matter of time with a "Crysis 3 Maximum Edition" in 2014.

10. My rig is ready for this. I have an i5-2500k @ 4.63 Ghz and 2 GTX 460s (1 gig) in sli. Crysis 2 played as smooth as melted butter on my rig.