Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Crysis 3 (PC, PS3, 360)

1. Are you talking about the statement which could be insinuated as it possibly moving to 720?

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Are you talking about the statement which could be insinuated as it possibly moving to 720?
    Let's just say that I am pretty sure its a launch game for Durango.

3. I'm completely against always-online or "connected" requirements for single player, and I DON'T care about MP. Farewell to Crytek after HF2 and Ryse. Hopefully we may see a team of former Crytek developers breaking away to work on a new FPS franchise which gets launched to Steam with no 3rd-party DRM.

Diablo 3 is the best example against always-online SP. What if Blizzard's servers go down for good (out of business, Blizzard ceasing support, etc.) and leave you with jack for your $60?

4. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    What if Blizzard's servers go down for good (out of business, Blizzard ceasing support, etc.)
    If I really, truly cared? I'd get a second PC.

p.s. I'm not saying that it's okay to have more streaming games, just that there are in fact ways to run any online-only game offline in your own home. Shit, you can do it for MMOs that aren't even technically out yet.

5. Those private servers are pretty awful compared to the real thing.

Blizzard making Diablo 3 online-only was for Blizzard's benefit only. Decisions like that are why we have crap like Windows 8.

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Those private servers are pretty awful compared to the real thing.

Blizzard making Diablo 3 online-only was for Blizzard's benefit only. Decisions like that are why we have crap like Windows 8.
    For D3 I'd go with the PS3 version instead, whenever that comes out. The always-online requirement is a bit easier to take for a console version IF the real money auction house stays in. OTOH there's no excuse for what Capcom did with PS3 Final Fight Double Impact, since that case is strictly for DRM.

7. The latest Nvidia drivers(314.22) have really improved the performance of this game. Even with my VRAM limited (1 GB) GTX 460s, I'm now able to run this game on high settings with 2X AF and FXAA. I ran through the first level with those settings, and didn't see the fps drop below 38. Maybe I can hold out on a GTX 670 for a little longer.
    Last edited by gamevet; 31 Mar 2013 at 11:49 PM.

8. Just checked. Apparently I hadn't updated my drivers since October. Whoops. Amazing how quickly time goes by...

James