Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    But I just got through the tutorial and into the first area.
    Insane jealousy! I'm just going to drive over to wherever you live and watch you play. I'll watch through your window, you won't even know I'm there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I just checked Amazon, you can preorder the CE now.
    Dammit.

It's better that I don't though - when I resigned to buying the Black Armored Edition, I stopped saving for the CE. Another $60 wouldn't be in the budget (had I not already bought South Park).
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Just beat my first boss. One shot. I adore this game.

That is all.

4. Is it really good all around or should we be expecting a backlash of people going on about it not being as good as previous ones?

I'm still working on Dark Souls so this will probably be Christmas fodder for me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Is it really good all around or should we be expecting a backlash of people going on about it not being as good as previous ones?
    Both.

6. Is that based on the game, or based on people in general?

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Is it really good all around or should we be expecting a backlash of people going on about it not being as good as previous ones?
    I don't see why anyone would really complain. There's things to nitpick over but most of it is just stuff brought back from Demon's Souls. There's a really cool hub you go back to but it's part of the world, not like the Nexus. You do get less life if you stay hollowed but it's a gradual loss of max health, so you have to die quite a few times before you're stuck at half health, which I see as a nice incentive for people to actually use up their humanity. Everything else is more of the same in the best way.

8. Sounds awesome. Thanks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I don't see why anyone would really complain. There's things to nitpick over but most of it is just stuff brought back from Demon's Souls. There's a really cool hub you go back to but it's part of the world, not like the Nexus. You do get less life if you stay hollowed but it's a gradual loss of max health, so you have to die quite a few times before you're stuck at half health, which I see as a nice incentive for people to actually use up their humanity. Everything else is more of the same in the best way.
    That seems interesting - in Dark Souls you could run as a hollow for the closest thing to easy mode. No more invasions, etc. To keep whittling down the max health gives incentive to use humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Dark Souls > Dark Souls II
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.