Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. I found that ring, it only gave me one extra slot. I didn't think it was worth it, but I was putting some points in attunement anyway and I had other rings I liked more.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    It keeps you human? And you can repair it for that price? Wow.

I always figured those one-time use rings disappeared from your inventory once they broke. I kept my Ring of Favor and Protection equipped in Dark Souls (slightly different dynamic with that one) and don't remember using the other ones.

When you die with the ring on, I take it you respawn at the last bonfire you visited?
    Yep, last bonfire, as I said broken beyond belief.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I found that ring, it only gave me one extra slot. I didn't think it was worth it, but I was putting some points in attunement anyway and I had other rings I liked more.
    Apparently there's a +1 version that gives two slots, which I would use.

4. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Apparently there's a +1 version that gives two slots, which I would use.
    Now we're talking!

Bonus note: Like a dope, early on I hit the treasure chests more than once to check for traps, on two occasions destroying the chest and turning the item inside into rubbish. I wonder if I missed out on something good like a really useful ring.

5. I think the critical slow roll point is 70%. I thought it was 66%, but I'm at 68% and rolling fine, and when I go to 72% it's clumsy.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Without saying much at all, I'm many hours into this shit and loving it. Good god.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Did anyone buy any armor or items from the unsuccessful merchant (the one in his house) in Majula? I felt bad that I never did ...
    If you spend a bunch of souls with him (I think somewhere between 10k and 16k) he increases his inventory to include new armors, and if you speak to him after you've spent that much with 0 souls he gives you a free armor set. After that he gets special armors, it's either boss armor or the armor of certain NPC's you've met, don't recall, but it's good stuff.

And thanks to bbobb for the info on that ring, I grabbed it but didn't use it because of it being a one time thing in the last Dark Souls, so that'll help in some areas which are giving me trouble.

Found the merchant who trades boss souls the petrified dude in the top section of Lost Bastille, and thankfully you don't need to ascend a normal weapon before hand, all you need is the boss soul and 1500 regular souls to make the item!! Some of the boss weapons are sick with excellent scaling. The axe you make with the first boss's soul requires 45 strength lol. Luckily when you two hand a weapon, it doubles your STR, so if you have 23 STR you could still use that boss weapon effectively.

8. 120 marks of Fidelity for max rank Blue Sentinels... Shiiiit. The requirements for platinum/1000 are gonna be ridiculous.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. The dragonrider twinblade is so much fucking fun. I respecced to a mage/dex character just for that weapon.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    120 marks of Fidelity for max rank Blue Sentinels... Shiiiit. The requirements for platinum/1000 are gonna be ridiculous.
    They're not, because you only have to max one faction this time, and I believe that the spells from guilds are available elsewhere.