Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I've been fighting those assholes for a while now, solo style. I think I'm just going to sack up and summon some help since I want to move on. I got so insanely close to beating them last night, I had the 2nd and 3rd one down to under 15% health and wasn't able to roll out of the way from a long distance shield before my flask refilled my health. Doh.
    I used life gems. Fuck the flask for battles. Gems load faster and you can move while you use them. I just wish someone sold radiant lifegems near me.

2. So I beat the 3 Ruin Sentinels, they were a joke with summon + Tower Shield. It was so retardedly easy that I feel cheated all those times I died.

3. I ended up going back to where I beat the Pursuer and grabbing the Drangleic sword & shield. Since I have decent strength + dex I was able to go back and wreck all three on my first try. Having a shield with 100% resistance to physical attacks really made a huge difference (and it also helped me beat the Old Dragonslayer with no problem).
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. The difficulty here is all over the place. Some bosses seem initially impossible and take many tries (Sentinels), while others (Flexile, Skeleton Lords) have gone down on my first go.

Is it just me, or is the game even more difficult this time depending on your class? I'd guess that any class that didn't have very strong melee would have a particularly rough time of it. So many areas are so narrow, and the enemies close so quickly now.

Melf I think there's an NPC who sells titanite in the Huntsman's Copse. She's one of those who'll move to Majula when you exhaust her dialogue.

The death counter is kinda cool but it'd be even better if it told you where/how you died. I bet 75% of my deaths were vs Old Dragonslayer & Last Giant before I had real equipment.

I've seen an item called bone dust or something on the loading screen, which increases the amount of estus the flask refills -- anyone found some? Whereabouts?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I just wish someone sold radiant lifegems near me.
    There are a lot of drops in No man's wharf for radiants.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    The difficulty here is all over the place. Some bosses seem initially impossible and take many tries (Sentinels), while others (Flexile, Skeleton Lords) have gone down on my first go.

Is it just me, or is the game even more difficult this time depending on your class? I'd guess that any class that didn't have very strong melee would have a particularly rough time of it. So many areas are so narrow, and the enemies close so quickly now.

Melf I think there's an NPC who sells titanite in the Huntsman's Copse. She's one of those who'll move to Majula when you exhaust her dialogue.

The death counter is kinda cool but it'd be even better if it told you where/how you died. I bet 75% of my deaths were vs Old Dragonslayer & Last Giant before I had real equipment.

I've seen an item called bone dust or something on the loading screen, which increases the amount of estus the flask refills -- anyone found some? Whereabouts?
    Magic is really week until about 2/3 of the way through the game and then it becomes an I win button for 90% of the fights. There are 5 bone dust in the game, one is in Heide I believe and I think the rest are after the 4 major soul bosses? Something like that.

Started NG+ yesterday, they really add a lot of red phantoms to levels in that. Also some of the boss fights have been altered with adds/new moves which is cool.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Who/where can I trade boss souls with? I have yet to see anything to use them for.
    Straid in the Lost Bastille. He's the petrified guy in the cell at the top of the map, blocking a bonfire. You need a Fragrant Branch of Yore to de-stone him, after which you can trade boss souls for weapons and spells and also buy some good spells.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Jesus, right after you beat the god damn Smelter they decide to have the Persuer just pop up in his place immediately after?. These motherfuckers.
    With him you just have to move toward him and to the right for literally every single attack. Fought him last night and didn't take a single hit. He drops the Ring of Blades +1 the second time around, which gives you a sick attack boost.

Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Sublime Bone Dust, it's what makes the Flask +1,+2 etc. Last one I can remember getting was in The Gutter I think, after the boss fight and before the bonfire. I'm at +4 and have only killed 2 of the 4 Old Ones (the third destroyed me last night).

Bought the Smelter Demon armor set and made his boss weapon last night, with just those 5 items equipped and no shield it puts me at 101.6% of my equip load lol, but it looks awesome and freaked a few people out while I was invading in Belfry Sol. The power attacks with his weapon are SICK and caught tons of people off guard.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Is it just me, or is the game even more difficult this time depending on your class? I'd guess that any class that didn't have very strong melee would have a particularly rough time of it. So many areas are so narrow, and the enemies close so quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Magic is really week until about 2/3 of the way through the game and then it becomes an I win button for 90% of the fights.
    My melee stats are basically sorcerer starting but with 24 strength for a good shield. I have a raw hand axe +7, backstab everything. Yearn is the most important spell early on, it gives you the space to move. At 50 int and like 30 faith most hexes and pyromancy one/two shots things. The only place I've really had trouble was the "turtle" guards in iron keep, can't backstab, too many to yearn, just have to take it slow.

I don't think sorcery is weak, just need to know when to roll or shield, and when you just need to Melee. One thing is for sure, killing Smelter Demon 20 times as a phantom has lead me to believe most players overuse their shield and don't know how to rol...
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. The final two optional bosses are great for teaching people to roll, all of their attacks are unblockable and will pretty much one shot you.

You should get the King Shield from the King soul. It's a non greatshield so it only takes 16 strength to use. Maxed out to +5 it has 100% physical block, 63 Stability, a whopping 86% fire block and around 66% block of everything else.

And yeah once you get over 30 in int/faith things get brutal. I'm up to 52 in and 50 faith. Between Soul Geyser and Sunlight Spear using +5 magic staff of wisdom and +5 lightning dragon chime pretty much every boss just melts in seconds so far in NG+
    Last edited by bbobb; 25 Mar 2014 at 04:13 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    And yeah once you get over 30 in int/faith things get brutal.
    Despite my complete avoidance of walkthroughs, this is the kind of thing that is very helpful to know. Thx bbobb. My INT is still at its base 6; I bumped up faith to get access to healing miracles (and the fire/lightning bonuses). I have a very nice magic catalyst I got from somewhere but I need 20 INT to use it proper.

With the two Souls games, I tended to go for a diverse build during my first playthrough to be as prepared for as much as possible. My later characters are experimental specialty builds; I don't have the guts to try that the first time

And thx Pineapple for the bone dust info. I'm not quite that far yet; first runs for me are very slow.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010