Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. SPOILERS

You have to get through that tower in order to access a necessary boss, although there may be a shortcut I haven't discovered yet...but anyway to be completely honest I just booked it through that entire tower to get to the boss. I actually found that area to be maybe the most frustrating area of the entire game (the lead up to the King dragon boss). The only area in DS2 that reminded me of Sen's Fortress in DS1. Good luck Melf...that area cost me the most deaths by far.

I recommend running through that Belfry, until you get back into iron keep (through the mist at the end of the Belfry), then keep running until you reach the turtles in the tunnel where you're basically forced to fight them (the second tunnel, not the first tunnel), turn around and destroy the knight who will be rushing at you from behind your back, then take out the turtles, be careful with the fire spouting machines and then one more turtle and then you are golden until you reach the boss..who will most likely kick your ass again and again. Summoning HIGHLY recommended. Fuck that area...I love it though...as I said good luck

2. No both are optional and neither boss is necessary. The one in the Iron Keep is completely useless, almost no one even goes there. You shouldn't even go through that area
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Guys, I caved and had to resort to a walkthrough.

Mytha, the Baneful Queen. I don't want to know how much time I spent running around, hoping for mosses and farming lifegems. I had no idea whatsoever that burning the god damn hidden windmill would remove the poison from her room. Once I did that, of course, I beat her on my next try, barely getting hit. Arg. Were there ANY hints for this, ANYWHERE? Cuz that's pretty obscure, even for a Souls game.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

4. Didn't notice the other player messages, "try burning" ?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Bbobb I bet you like to write messages next to useless walls with messages like, "secret passage"

amirite

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Bbobb I bet you like to write messages next to useless walls with messages like, "secret passage"

amirite
    Worst troll ever.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Worst troll ever.
    I don't know how many times I'll have to type this...I don't troll anymore.

That was a light jab at Bbobb, but the primary intent of the post was to alert Melf, and whoever else is listening to Bbobb's "advice", to the fact that Bbobb is fucking around aka lying. I thought I telegraphed that I wasn't seriously trolling clearly enough with the ancient meme "amirite". Jesus fucking Christ...

SPOILERS

You need to go through Iron Keep, it's necessary to defeat the game, and you need to go through that other tower as well. Both lead to major bosses that are required to get to the King

Fuck off Sleeve, you uptight, oblivious dipshit

(that was partly troll)

8. Belfry Sol (the one in Iron Keep) is completely optional and has no boss, but it does have a red phantom and some good items. It's also a much bigger area for PvP if that's your thing, and a great place to level the Bellkeeper covenant. Luna is also completely optional, has a boss AND a RP, and also some good items. Both are very short and worth the time for souls and items and covenant leveling (after you kill 5 people you reach level 1 and get a Titanite Slab).

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    You need to go through Iron Keep, it's necessary to defeat the game, and you need to go through that other tower as well. Both lead to major bosses that are required to get to the King

Fuck off Sleeve, you uptight, oblivious dipshit

(that was partly troll)
    Yes you have to go through Iron Keep, but you in no way have to go through Belfrey Sol while there. That's a side area that has nothing to do with getting through the stage. hell the exit to Belfrey Sol is right next to the entrance.

10. That room in Iron Keep where Sol is, with the walkways and the fire and all that, is full of really good items, including a Fire Seed and a bad ass pyromancy.

On that note I have a question for anyone who's played around with Pyro; Beyond what's in the description, do you know what the difference is between the Pyro Hand and the Dark Pyro hand? Dark Pyro says it scales with hollowing, and back when I had both at their base I tried using it after dying a LOT and it was still roughly the same damage. Now my normal Pyro Hand is +10 and is a beast, and the Dark is at +3 but if it's supposed to be better at full strength or for some other reason I would switch. The flame in the picture is bigger than the normal one, anyhow.