Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 172729303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. Shrine of Amana can eat a dick.

2. Agreed, that was possibly my least favorite area in the entire game. Taking a good bow along makes it incredibly easy, just takes a while to get through thanks to all the goddamned water. Even the Dark Chasm of Old was more fun.

3. I actually really like the area, probably the best looking one so far. I get a real Ash Lake vibe from it. It's just that one section before the third bonfire with the 3 Priestess' that are just relentless with the Homing Soul Arrows. Reminds me of the one stretch in Anor Londo with the 2 archers nailing your ass over and over.

4. I liked navigating the water pits with a torch

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I actually really like the area, probably the best looking one so far. I get a real Ash Lake vibe from it. It's just that one section before the third bonfire with the 3 Priestess' that are just relentless with the Homing Soul Arrows. Reminds me of the one stretch in Anor Londo with the 2 archers nailing your ass over and over.
    I would definitely try bringing a good bow, or any shitty bow with some decent arrows. McDuff sells Iron Arrows for cheap, I've been using them all game and into NG+. There's enough pillars and cover in the area that you can take them out easily one at a time without ever eating one of their spells. I was telling Hero the other night that the Dragonrider Bow is a massive headache saver in a lot of areas, that one particularly. It just makes it kinda slow in those sections. Also you can take out those lizardmen before they ever see you.

6. (WARNING MANY SPOILERS IN THIS POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Like when you die and lose max health, except the opposite.
    Got it, so you get more health to your bar? But I thought you could only summon or be summoned when in full Human form, so doesn't that sorta negate that benefit? (Outside of maybe Cracked Blue Eye Orb where you can summon while hollowed, which I admit I haven't tried yet since I'm good on Human Effigies)

Shrine of Amana was so tough as a pure melee character. So. fucking. tough. The sorceresses would be hitting me with the soul homing from like 100 yards out, and I couldn't do shit about it until I slowly trudged through the water to reach them (when I did, granted, 1-2 hit kills). That area was a nightmare. I had to chip away at them and do the thing where you kill them til they stop respawning. In general I don't like the "stop respawning" thing (Bonfire Ascetics help) but I have to admit in Shrine of Amana the eventual non respawn was so clutch. I couldn't imagine getting through that area any other way (again, as a pure melee build- if I had ranged magic I'd assume the area wouldn't be nearly as hard). I think that was the 2nd hardest area in the game for me, the first being (SPOILERS) the run up to the dragon boss in Iron Keep.

Which areas did you guys find to be the most difficult? There's obviously nothing on the level of Sen's Fortress I feel.

I love this game. It's not quite as good as the original Dark Souls, but neither are 99% of other videogames. I'm excited about secret areas that haven't been discovered yet. For example

SPOILERS

I found the area in Blood Gulch where you can get a Giant Soul yesterday. That area is so well hidden it's ridiculous.

I've cleared the main game, but I'm still exploring and trying to do everything (beat every boss, find most of the items, explore explore explore) before I start New Game +. Has anyone killed Vendrick? He's so difficult. I have 4 Giant Souls and I'm still getting killed over and over. I can't beat Ancient Dragon either. I wanna defeat both these dudes before I start my next game.

7. Vendrick: There are 5 Souls of a Giant, but if you have 4 then the other one you get after you kill the ancient dragon. They lower Vendrick's overall defense by huge amounts with each one held, and if you have 4 he's only about 5% stronger than normal (the 5th brings him down to "normal" health and defense), that's how many I had when I killed him because I wasn't ready to take on the dragon yet. His attacks are painfully obvious when they're coming, and very slow, so if you tend to strafe counter-clockwise around him you'll be able to roll or simply walk out of the way of just about every attack. Which is good, you don't want to block more than one or two hits. Even with the Souls of Giants, it's a long fight, just because you won't stagger him and he has a lot of health, so you have to get a hit or two in and just keep strafing and get your stamina back up and ready to dodge. You can't summon for him, but he's actually pretty easy once you get past the fact that you'll be fighting him for at least a few minutes.

And yes, there are several areas in the game besides the Belfires where you can and will be invaded while Hollow. It's jarring at first because you don't expect that to even be a thing, but if you look at it as a way of free souls and covenant items its not so bad. Also I believe that when you're in those areas you're very low down on the invasion list, it's not as common as if you were human but it does happen.

8. I was running through the door of Pharos as a hollow and some fuckstick summoned me into his game! Wtf! I didn't know people could do that! The bastard was waiting on a high ledge shooting arrows at me while I battled one of those elephant knights. I killed it and made my way up to another ledge across from him while he kept shooting at me. He probably thought I was going to run all the way around the ledge to go get close to him. Fuck that, I took a running jump off my ledge onto his and started hacking away. The little shit did not escape my fury. This game is awesome.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. The Doors of Pharros is a PvP area for the Rat covenant, which is why you'll occasionally "be summoned to world of ___" even if you're hollow. You can also be invaded while hollow in that area. If you join the covenant I think getting a kill earns you a Rat Tail, but I'm not sure as that's one of the few covenants I put no time into. The whole area is set up for making traps for invaders, at the cost of Pharros Lockstones, which the enemies in that area drop fairly regularly.

Finally got to level 2 of the Bell Keeper covenant and got the last spell! So very glad that's over, I don't mind the Belfries at all but it was getting annoying fighting in the same area soooooo many times.

10. Question for 360 users, does the screen tearing become a big detriment overall? Going by Digital Foundry the PS3 version seems to have the framerate locked (although lower) but it doesn't have the tearing issues which makes me wish that From implemented a similar toggle to the Bioshock/Titanfall games of being able to lock the framerate.