Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. My biggest issue so far is the boss battles. There seems to be more of them, but they're so boring. The Last Giant was the only boss so far that really made me nervous to fight. The others were really just meh.

2. OH GOD THE PC VERSION RUNS SO WELL HRRRNNNN

3. 144 fps?

4. The PC port is indeed very smooth.

They tried their hardest with Mouse and Keyboard controls. You really still need a controller. It's just *that* type of game.

It's glorious, well worth the wait.

6. I am at the end, Dracula's castle. I am ready for this to end.

7. lol you ain't at the end

8. Okay, but I presume I am not too far off. None of the areas in DS2 is very big anyway.

9. DS2 lives up to the legacy so far. I didn't know that joining the Champions covenant, which I found right at the start of the game, makes the game fuck-you-in-the-ass hard, like moreso than usual. So I spent most of my trip to the first boss cursing out loud. Protip: don't join the Champions covenant until you're later in the game and have the soul level and gear to deal with a harder difficulty level.

Also, The Pursuer. I guess I'm supposed to go to other places besides the forest before I'm ready to fight him? I can only get him to like 2/3 before I just can't take any more block abuse. I'm only like, Soul Level 29 but it's getting kind of hard to level from just the forest.

10. If you're having trouble with Pursuer you can try the other area with the giant knights. The lower path boss there is easier than Pursuer, imo. Also, imo, Pursuer is better dodged than blocked. Although that's with 100 agility, (which is 26 ADP, I believe, with base ATT).

Edit: I guess I'll chime in with my 2 cents on the game overall, too. In the beginning, I liked it the best of all three because of some of the mechanic changes like trying to make all stats relevent, power stance dual wielding, gradual hollowing, backstab attacks that have to land first, etc. Then as I continued to play the game I realized the segment-bonfire-segment-bonfire setup of the game was robbing it of tension. Big groups of enemies protecting a boss door was no longer a "oh shit, better be careful here" moment. It was a "aw, man. Looks like a pain" moment. Unlocking a shortcut wasn't a "thank god" moment, it was a "why even bother?" moment. Overall level design seemed less interesting and enemies seemed more samey than in the past. That said, I still had a blast.
    Last edited by alan_fatima; 25 Apr 2014 at 12:52 AM.