Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2232343536373840 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. I'm enjoying playing the tank with the big shield that enemies whack away at while the mage cowards shoot them from a distance.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. Yeah I started a Str-Faith build on PC after going full dex on 360.

As soon as I got lightning spear every boss that gave me any trouble the first time around was a goddamn joke.

3. I beat the masked guy in the dark for a great soul. Now where the hell am I supposed to go? Don't think there are any other paths open to me.
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. You can go to Huntsman's Copse or you can go through the path behind Majula to the cursed woods. I would recommend the Copse. You can get there by going back through the path that took you to Heide's Tower of Flame, but that woman peddling miracles will be in a room and offer to move the path for 2000 souls.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    This series seems especially tailored to "that guy" who knows the old game was better and the new one is dumbed down for casuals.
    It is, as any message board dedicated to it will attest. If a thread isn't about how the series is forever ruined because you can teleport between bonfires, it's about how someone is a douchebag for not obeying some arbitrary unwritten dueling rules. Basically the exact same shit that happened after DS1 hit and the Demons vets cried themselves to sleep night after night.

Dark Souls II is rad, fuck video game honor, your souls are mine, bitter tears, etc.

6. Yeah I think most of the complaints of that sort are bullshit.

But I have to agree that the level & enemy design aren't quite as imaginative this time around.

7. Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You can go to Huntsman's Copse or you can go through the path behind Majula to the cursed woods. I would recommend the Copse. You can get there by going back through the path that took you to Heide's Tower of Flame, but that woman peddling miracles will be in a room and offer to move the path for 2000 souls.
    Thanks. The level up lady referenced a tower of flame, but I didn't pick up on it until now.

8. Finally beat it a month later.
    I was never able to get anyone summoned in the first game on PC and did pure melee, so I decided I'd go ahead and do a 180 with this game, playing a mage and summoning/being summoned frequently. The game's really fun in a different kind of way in co-op. I think From was trying to emphasize co-op by allowing you to be summoned after beating a boss, using Bonfire Ascetics to reset a boss, and throwing larger groups of enemies and bosses at you.

Spoilers...
    The last boss was quite a disappointment, though. I was doing co-op the first time I went through that level, thinking I'd be heading up the tower, and instead ended up following the host down to the throne and facing the endboss. As soon as I got the king's ring I went down there myself, only to fight the Defender and the Watcher. I shortly after realized what that meant...

I'm really hoping for some DLC just to give the game a better ending, haha.

9. I really loved the lighting in this game, the sunset color cast throughout the game was a great atmospheric flourish. I really wish lighting the torches had played a bigger role in the game, and that the cast shadow effect had been used more frequently.

10. Dude speedruns the game in 20 minutes.