Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2737394041424345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. Crown of the Ivory King is out today. It's a beautiful day to be a gamer with good taste. Cheers to all who praise the sun. As well you should.

2. Just picked it up. Won't get a chance to play it until tomorrow night, but I'm stoked.

3. So, how is it?

4. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Just picked it up. Won't get a chance to play it until tomorrow night, but I'm stoked.
    It's pretty good - gameplay is tough, enemies are inventive, beautiful environments. I would say it's my favorite of the "DLC trilogy" so far. I'm also bummed this is the last of it, I'll probably end up buying a PS4 for Bloodborne lol

Jed, it's worth it

Has anyone here beaten Vendrick? Closing in on level 200...stacked as fuck with weapons and armor maxed out...still can't beat him. Maybe it's cause I'm pure melee. I think ranged magic is a copout, this is the Soul Calibur of RPGs, all about the combat imho

5. Vendrick should really be handled melee, the range on his swings is ridiculous and unless you have crazy defense and health then most of them are one hit kills. If you get right up next to him and strafe around him to the side without the sword, you'll effectively sit in his blindspot for the whole fight. The only thing is his "health" is dependent on outside factors. His defense lowers for every Soul of a Giant that you have, up to 5. His defense when you have none of these items is +500%, which means that even with a super overpowered character you won't be doing much to him with each swing. My advice would be to get at least 3, but preferably 4 or all 5, and you'll be amazed at how quickly you kill him.

And yeah Jed the new DLC is gorgeous, really great levels so far, but I'm not that far into it yet.

6. Scrubby invaders sure like their ice rapiers, don't they?

7. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin announced for PS4/One/PC/PS3/360, set for release April 7th:

Quote Originally Posted by Bandai Namco PR
    The undead curse continues to spread across the kingdom of Drangleic with DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin, available April 7, 2015 across the Americas for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC from BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc.

Developed by renowned Japanese video game development studio FROMSOFTWARE, DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin is a compilation of 2014's critically acclaimed title, DARK SOULS II along with its three DLC chapters; CROWN OF THE SUNKEN KING, CROWN OF THE OLD IRON KING, and CROWN OF THE IVORY KING along with an array of all-new content. DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin will take advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One, and DirectX11 PCs with enhanced graphics in addition to brand new game content including an expanded story featuring additional in-game events and NPC character along with new deadlier enemies and gameplay improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandai Namco PR
    DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin will also be available for the PlayStation 3 system, Xbox 360, and DirectX 9PCs. This version will include all three DLC missions (CROWN OF THE SUNKEN KING, CROWN OF THE OLD IRON KING, and CROWN OF THE IVORY KING) as well as a large-scale update (ver.1.10) which will add new features including an additional NPC to seek out along the treacherous quest through Drangleic as well as expanded story, in-game events, improved balance, and online matchmaking functionality.

Gamers who already own DARK SOULS II for any platform will receive the ver.1.10 update free of charge.

8. Oh good god now I'm going to have to buy it again
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I was just thinking about starting a New Game++. Good on Bandai Namco for kicking us the new non-DLC content free of charge.

"Improved balance"...hmmmm.

10. all in day one yes please omgeeze