Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29394142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. I'm supposed to be getting this in today.
    But then I was supposed to be getting it in yesterday.

2. No sooner do I hit reply than the Fedex truck pulls up. Speak of the devil and so on.

3. Are you in Macedon or Greece today? I'm hoping and praying it's Greece, I don't have time to drive out to Macedon!

I just got back from GayFlop and they looked at me like I was The Rotten when I asked if they had the game yet.

4. I am never in Greece.
    Those stores rarely get new stuff in anymore. The only reason I do is because instead of a paycheck every week I waste what little money the store makes on getting more games in.

5. The half-durability was a complaint i saw a lot on the PC version. It turned out durability was tied to frames, so running at 60FPS doubled the amount of frames the items wore down. I guess they consider it a feature! It never bothered me when I played through on PC.

6. Damn damn double damn! If I had noticed this when you first posted I would have had time to stop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    Overall, Scholar of the First Sin on PC marks a technical step forward, but its price point is a sticking point. Given that owners of the DirectX 9 original already enjoy resolutions at 1080p and beyond, extensive mod options and 60fps gameplay, the upgrade is less significant than the jump from PS3 to PS4. A £12 Steam upgrade price assuages those who already own the original plus all DLC, but it's still a high fee for what it offers. Bearing in mind a standalone boxed copy costs £19 at present, the actual saving for a committed Dark Souls fan is pretty meagre.

On top of this, Scholar of the First Sin's lighting, improved effects, and upgraded ambient occlusion are all features seen on PS4 and Xbox One. PC users hoping for a more radical suite of options will be disappointed the boat isn't pushed out further - perhaps with support for monitor refreshes over 60Hz, or anti-aliasing options besides FXAA. On balance, it's still hard to go back to the original game's muted lighting model, even with GeDoSaTo's slick post effects to help it along. Scholar of the First Sin on PC does look great, but it's an update that makes more sense at a sale price.

Even with these disappointments, PC brings the definitive version of From Software's remixed Dark Souls 2, while PS4 takes second place on the grounds of its frame-rate advantage over Xbox One. Whether or not the original version is a better balanced game is up for debate, but the technical benefits are easy to measure. The enemy increase, boost to six online players, and new lighting model each play to the strengths of PS4 and Xbox One. The PC release wraps all of this up at a perfect 60fps not achieved on console - and added to that, it's a refresh easily achieved on most modern PC setups. Meanwhile, 4K support via Nvidia's DSR mode is a further bonus, but only if you have the raw GPU power to service it.
    Link

I'll probably wait for a sale on the upgrade.

8. Yeah, nothing about this on either platform excited me.

9. I've been playing it. It makes a shitty game worse with more enemy spawns and extra roadblocks. Just don't bother at all.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. I was tempted but I think I'll wait to play this again when it's cheap and there's nothing else to play.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle