Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. Not possible.

2. Are you locking on in that fight? If so, don't do that. Play it like Monster Hunter. General flow should be Rat attacks, you're in no danger because you've ran to its rear/legs, attack a time or two, rat repositions, you run to the rear/legs again. Repeat.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Also, are Fire Seeds limited? I found the dark pyro flame first and upgraded it to +5 before realizing that was a dumb move. I don't want to waste any Fire Seeds upgrading my regular pyro flame if I need to just use them on the Dark Flame I've already upgraded.
    There's enough to go around for both, I'm not done with the first playthrough and have found 17 total.

For that boss you could try putting on your heaviest armor and tanking it just so you can take a few hits, then run in and aggro a little guy with a ranged attack which will wake up the big guy, then do like Firstblood said and use Firestorm or Flame Tempest or whatever it's called in this game. That's the boss I got the OHK on, doing just that, and my Pyro Hand was +8 at the time.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Not possible.
    It's easy, the only times I have an issue with him hitting me is if I'm still distracted killing the little guys and he gets near. Once you can focus just on him his attacks are really easy to roll through.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    Are you locking on in that fight? If so, don't do that. Play it like Monster Hunter. General flow should be Rat attacks, you're in no danger because you've ran to its rear/legs, attack a time or two, rat repositions, you run to the rear/legs again. Repeat.
    Yeah, that might be my problem. I lock onto the big guy as soon as he shows up, try to roll between his legs and the lock on immediately flips the camera around right as I'm getting stomped. I've got two Flame Swathe scrolls, maybe I'll just spam that one over and over. Definitely the most frustrating boss fight for me so far. At least the frame rate doesn't chug along like the Sif fight from the last game. That shit was unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    For that boss you could try putting on your heaviest armor and tanking it just so you can take a few hits, then run in and aggro a little guy with a ranged attack which will wake up the big guy, then do like Firstblood said and use Firestorm or Flame Tempest or whatever it's called in this game. That's the boss I got the OHK on, doing just that, and my Pyro Hand was +8 at the time.
    I'm pretty sure the heaviest set I have is the Alva armor lol. I'm playing a straight int/faith build so my "heaviest armor" options are a bit limited.
    Last edited by Jed; 02 Apr 2014 at 01:40 PM.

6. Alva armor maxed out has pretty much the best weight/protection ratio in the game.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Managed to kill a tough knight in Heide's by making him fall off a bridge into the ocean, but finishing my sword slash caused me to wind up in the drink as well. A hollow victory.

9. So glad I waited!

10. All signs point to this being a great port. I'm looking forward to it.